The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

68 and partly cloudy at the moment but the sky will be clearing shortly. High for today should be around 80, so sayeth the National Weather Service.

Busy day yesterday getting the house ready for the invasion this afternoon. Niece and family arriving sometime late afternoon, grandson and family arriving by later afternoon and daughter and her hubby arriving ...sometime? Trains will be run, food will be consumed, and family time is always cherished.

This morning I need to make a grocery run. After that I need to mow and trim the yard. Everything else is prepared for the invasion.

Don - I completely understand your reluctance to use Jiffy Lube. They did our company car one time and got the oil drain plug cross threaded. Yeah, that was expensive...for them. Around here we have a car dealer who advertises no appointment oil changes at a reasonable price. My car also takes the 0-20w. The first time I changed the oil I let it go for about 7000 miles of mostly hiighway driving and it came out black and really gross looking. On previous cars I changed oil every 90 days due to low mileage trips. I've settled on a 120 day schedule now, regardless of mileage. As you mentioned you have to trust your service shop. I change my own oil so the trust level is pretty low!

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 07-11-2019, 06:08 AM