The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
(09-02-2019, 10:49 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Days, that sounds like the exact computer I got a year ago. A heads up. Mine started shutting down randomly and I guessed it was a heat problem. I when into the set up and they had not turned the fan on at all. Mine had a 6 speed option. 4 seems to work fine. 
Charlie
Good morning all and thanks Charlie. What we think has happened is the boot sector of the HD has gone bad and everything else on C:/ is hidden. I can boot from a repair disk and the computer runs OK, tries to repair itself and will give us a DOS prompt. It's just that we've tried everything we could to repair the corrupt boot using the command prompt (DOS), but it doesn't help. It's been a very long time since I had to use DOS and to make changes to a BIOS, but that's the level we're at right now. These are all common things that normally can be fixed, but if the HD has gone south, there's not much else we can do. I'll fool with it until the new machine gets here, then upgrade its memory boards with ones from the old machine if possible. I wouldn't be concerned, but the machine I'm using now is about ten years old, and like me, it's parts are wearing out from use and will occasionally lock up and stop... just like I do... Waiting
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 09-03-2019, 06:13 AM