The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, that had to be exciting David, I see all sorts of trains, being so close to the BNSF line, but never once have I seen a steam engine there. Once in a while I'm pleased just to see a passenger train since there is no regular passenger service anywhere near here. Glad you got tickets to the run on Thanksgiving. The best we could do here is the Polar Express with a steam engine on the Grand Canyon RR, but that's not one for a few Octogenarians to be spotted on. Nope

Temps in the mid to high 90's dropping into the 80's later in the week. Humidity and dew points in the 30's, making it kind of sticky and uncomfortable for us. Still have the A/C on. Got a letter from the electric company wanting us to change to a "demand rate". They said it would save us around $90 a year. Read an article in the newspaper yesterday saying that they're wanting everyone to change to that rate structure. Now you have to ask yourself, why would Public Service want everyone's rates to go down even if they're using the same amount of electricity? I remember years ago they asked for a rate hike because people weren't using as much power and their revenue was down.... Got to wonder... Waiting
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 10-06-2019, 06:20 AM