The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
My wife and I decided not to upgrade our low used old Apple iPhones (6 and 6plus) with the current expensive line of iPhones but go with much cheeper mobile phones matching our low usage profile.
The "fun part" of that decision was on me. I had to setup two Samsung A50 with Android software I saw the first time in my life. It is basically no big difference between Apple's IOS and Android (both are more or less UNIX based) except two points that are a challenge to me
a. Where the heck is the equivalent setting hidden in the tons of options
b. Entering userids and strong passwords with thick fingers and thin eyes is a nightmare on the tiny keyboard.
I think it's done and both are running fine for a fraction of Apple cost.

A funny example how to get mad on a small detail. I like to have plain black background. I had never a problem setting the background to black on Windows, OS/2, macOS and IOS but I could not find a dialog to select a plain color with Android. The internet had the solution. There is no plain background in Android. An Australian guy programmed a little app to get plain black background. Toke me two hours to get a black background .... :-(
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by faraway - 12-07-2019, 11:35 AM