The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, yup, it did rain some overnight. Suppose to get more this morning, and possibly tomorrow. Our weeds left a thank you note saying that it's been too dry to grow, but I see where they've been trying hard anyway. Had the lawn sprayed for weeds, but they don't seem to care... Nope

Was suppose to go target shooting yesterday, but the holiday got things screwed up, so we're planning on this coming Monday where they say, "a couple of showers possible". We'll go regardless, it may be raining here, but not there. Even if it is, we stop at this truck stop on the way and have a great breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, Denny's have raised their prices once again. Coffee is now $2.69, their biscuits and gravy went from $4.00 to $4.79. Their rational being that they raised the minimum wage here by $1.00 this year. There's a site where you can calculate the cost of inflation. I put in $0.05 for a cup of coffee in 1940, and that relates to $0.94 today, a far cry from the $2.69. Yeah, I know, most places are over $2.00 for coffee, but Brenda's Kitchen still charges $1.00, on target to being adjusted for inflation. Thumbsup Not complaining now, just that our SSI increase was only 1.6%, and they took back most of that for Medicare increases. My wife's net increase was $2.00, almost enough to buy a cup of coffee at Denny's....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 01-21-2020, 06:21 AM