The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good evening folks,

We have had what I can only call a few surreal days around here. Luckily for me I did our usual shopping on Monday before the panic began. Once the NBA announced it was shutting down the panic shopping began. Unfortunately for me on Thursday I discovered we out of a few things like eggs and paper towels. The grocery store was jammed with people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. The paper towels were nearly gone as were the eggs. The unnerving thing was the look of fear in many of their faces. I have never seen anything like that before.

Schools in Pennsylvania are now closed for at least two weeks which means my wife and daughter are home. My son is also home as his college is closed and once, they figure out how to do it he will finish his last undergrad semester online.

We live in one of the now four counties in Pennsylvania under a social distancing measures. This means no social gatherings of more than 250 people, movies theaters, gyms, and non-essential retail stores are recommended to be closed. They are asking everyone to restrict non-essential travel. As I said surreal.

Looks like I retired at the right time. My old office is one of the state offices closed.

I have done some modeling to help relax. I continue weathering some ACF covered hoppers. I hope too have photos posted by Sunday.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 03-14-2020, 03:04 PM