The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning. 
I am doing my part with social distancing because of my health, which is good and I want to keep it that way. There is no way I could put up much of a fight for this thing.

Tom, One of our dogs was the same way in December, in fact, he was so bad we figured we would be burying him when we got home from the vet. The vet ran a blood panel and his glucose was 670. He gave him a shot of insulin, a bag of saline to rehydrate him and gave us instructions for his food and shots. In 6 hours he was up and around, the problem he has now is he is blind from a cataract that had been developing that instantly got worse due to the sugar. His kidney and liver values were also bad but on the recheck last Thursday the liver was in the good range and the BUN was close to high normal. He has a response to light so maybe we can have the cataract removed if the kidneys start to function completely again. The little guy only had one eye when we rescued him.  We give him 2 shots a day and a vial of insulin from Walmart is $25 bucks and will last 6 weeks with him getting 10 units each shot. 

Store supplies are not bad in the area, We had trouble finding broccoli last week, and we keep it on hand because it is a safe treat for a diabetic dog an he loves it frozen. 

I might do so train work today. It's a toss up between that and some more historic photo ID's We shall see. 

My wife had a prescription called to our local Rite Aid because it is only a mile away. It was $150.00, the same prescription at Walmart is $40. It is only 10 miles to Walmart. She was kind of mad cause she can drive a long way to save $110. 

Stay safe everyone.
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 03-24-2020, 09:22 AM