The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone. Remember in the Polar Express movie, the waiters came out dancing and singing, "Hot, hot, hot?" Well they would be performing here if they weren't in lockdown. Eek I see nothing but 90's in the forecasts for the next two weeks and beyond, up to 98-99 on a few days. Record highs around this time are all over 100, so it is possible to hit 100 on one of those days.

Took a little time to get some of the bigger weeds out of the yard before the HOA weed police cited us. Had two of them growing between some cactus, tricky to get out even for the experienced yard folks, of which I am not. Best left to the professionals, but I got what I could of them. Hoping that yard service will be an "essential service" soon. Seems like our governor is toying with loosening up a bit on what can open. Too many small businesses are hurting, and in my opinion, these folks deserve an extra stimulus check. Going to try to get more take-out to support them as best I can. I can remember the depression and standing in line for food. I was way too young to understand then, but apparently, we've got the same situation now. One person said they were in line for 18 hours before they got their food box. Another said she had four kids at home and nothing to feed them. I guess being on Social Security and being able to go to the grocery store isn't so bad after all.....

Gas around here is still a good $1.00 a gallon higher than most other places. There are some obscure spots around the state that are below $1.50, but it would take a half a tank of gas just to get there from here...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 04-19-2020, 06:31 AM