The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

55 and cloudy at the moment. Thunderstorms are expected to roll through later.

Did some work in my daughter's old bedroom as we convert it into an office/study room.

Did not get much done on the reefers. Waiting for couplers some of which came yesterday. Also had a disaster yesterday as some trains got knocked off the layout. Two of the Atlas tank cars and the AS-16 loco. The tank cars had cosmetic damage, mostly railings that had to be reattached. The loco on the other hand had cosmetic damage such as hand rails, sun shields, and name plates knocked off. I was able to reattach everything but the front and rear handrails. I was able to find them on Bowser's website and ordered replacements. Supposedly they are in stock. The worst was the gears inside one of the trucks were knocked loose. Luckily nothing was broken. It took me a couple of hours and many attempts before I figured out how to open the trucks. Once I had that putting the gears back in place and putting the truck back together was easy. The loco seems to run fine.

I have to take the dog over to the vet this afternoon to get his sugars checked. We are sill don't seemed to have the right dosage. Last time they raised the dose to 6 but after a couple of days of him being lethargic and getting sugar readings off a "pee" stick near 1000 my wife raised it to 7. Again no change she raised it to 8. When we took him to have them checked last week the back up doctor didn't like the fact my wife raised the dosage on her own. His sugars were within the acceptable range for the only time thus far. In this I trust my wife as we have learned doctors who do specialize in diabetes can make some very critical mistakes because they don't understand the disease. We have changed doctors on several occasions because of their lack of understanding. My wife has been living with diabetes all her life. Both grandmothers, her mother, and father were or are diabetic. She has been diabetic for the last 25 years. It is always fun listening to her and her endocrinologist talk. It is like listening to two colleagues talking and not a doctor-patient conversation. Sorry for the rant.

I am hoping to get back to the reefers later today.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 05-11-2020, 09:31 AM