The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, nice day yesterday, it never got too hot. We hit the shooting area around 7 and there were people set up there already. We were able to get to a spot where we've shot before and away from other shooters, but as the morning went on, more and more folks showed up. Normally the shooting areas are spaced a decent way apart and are defined, but as we left we noticed one group and decided to set up between two others. Way too close for us, fortunately we were heading home by then. One reason why we don't like to shoot on weekends... Tried to find a place to eat on the way back. Our favorite truck stop restaurant was still closed, another one down the freeway didn't have a full restaurant, Denny's and the Cracker Barrel had waiting lists with a 30 minute wait, as did several others that we stopped by. If we saw people hanging around the front door, we just drove on. Finally had to give up and just grab something at home. Sunday breakfast out is a tradition in some families, but with a limit of 50% of capacity, many restaurants have to leave folks waiting in line.

My friend went to Cabela's to look and possibly buy a gun, sorry, by appointment only and we're full for the day. I heard the same story from others when they went to different gun stores.

I think our 8PM curfew is up today, saw all the freeway signs alerting everyone of the curfew. I'm hoping that doesn't mean that you can't be on the freeway past 8. Many restaurants are shutting down early to give folks a chance to get home in time. This has to be one of the craziest times of all. I still remember the blackouts and air raid drills back in WWII times, but this goes way beyond that with the pandemic lockdown and the curfew because of the protests and looting riots, and now hurricanes and tornadoes make it well beyond strange.

Prayers for those in need....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 06-08-2020, 07:00 AM