The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks

It is 73 now with thunderboomers moving through. Yesterday was downright oppressive. We had the steps to our back door rebuilt yesterday. The original steps were two steps. Problem was the height of the steps. One was almost 10 inches and the other 11.5. Steps should be under 9 at the most. The mason turned the two steps into three and my back already loves it. Now I can carry stuff in and out without having to climb Mt Everest.

Looks like I am going to have to go to the local hobby shop to get some supplies. I need screws to attach the new couplers to one of the pickle cars. The ones I have are either too big or two long. I do not like going to this shop but he is the only game in town now. I have not stepped foot in the place in about 12 or 13 years. The one owner is a real jerk especially if you are not buying Lionel. The shop is big and does a great mail order business so I guess that is how they stay in business despite the one owner.

I am off to Walmart in a few. I had to order a new vacuum cleaner. I vacuumed the rug and saw it pick up things and then I turned around and saw them back on the rug. After some head scratching and an examination of the beast I found the first hose that goes from the brushes to tank is dry rotted and has four holes in it along the ribs. Stuff went and flew right back out.

I am going to try to get some modeling in later.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 06-11-2020, 12:03 PM