The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
94 and humid as usual.  A few errands and mow.

Confederate Monuments: Well my "adopted" black Daughter and I finally had a long conversation [besides texting] on Monday AM. She lives on the other side of the County and we are not in meetings together right now. Seems ours were erected during the Jim Crow era. Mainly to tell blacks, whites are in charge and you are worthless. Dedication speeches [in NC Archives and History] are full of the "N" word [not negro]. Take them down. Has nothing to do with our fallen Confederate soldiers. Until then, those had been placed in cemeteries. "Splain it to me Lucy" as Ricky use to say. Finally the biggie TV station had a Duke professor on the news this AM explaining this. My questions is, why was this not brought out two years ago when the Gov recommended we move them? Could have saved a lot of grief. OH, they finally got a crane big enough to move the biggest one. 75 ft. tall of solid granite. [attempts to lift it kept breaking the cranes]

Now on other monuments around the USA, ???

Don, hope the fires get controlled.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by Chief Eagles - 06-24-2020, 08:51 AM