The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, many who have today off in celebration of the Fourth of July.... I suppose that we'll be woke up tonight and tomorrow night with folks shooting off fireworks. "Only on private property", which means if you live in a close-in subdivision, like we do, annoying your neighbors is entirely legal.

Went up to Prescott yesterday. Gun stores here in the valley are down to the dregs, both in guns and ammo. There's a gun store up there that has plenty of everything. Their display cases and walls were full, and ammo in most any caliber. Wasn't crowded either, but they do have lines outside on weekends. Went up the back way through Yarnell. Passed by the memorial for the Granite Mountain Hotshots that's where the 14 were lost in that wildfire seven years ago. There were cars in the parking lot, glad to see that some folks remembered and stopped to pay tribute.

One thing I always pass when I go that way is an overpass with the marking of the Santa Fe Railroad. Somehow, the weather has been good to it and it looks like it could have been painted just a few years ago. I've been meaning to take a shot of it, but never had a camera with me or remembered beforehand. This time, I had my smart phone ready and when I approached it, I had no place to pull off and stop. Just two lanes and ditches close in on both sides of the road. The next time I go I'll take someone with me to take a shot while I'm driving.

No rain yesterday, an none in the forecast. Turning out to be a bust of a "monsoon" season. I'm actually going out and hand watering a tree that we got cited by the HOA for not looking too good. The rest of our plants are all desert dwellers and collect enough water when it does rain.
Have a great and safe holiday weekend..... 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 07-03-2020, 06:24 AM