The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone. 
It's been a while since I have written to this thread. 
It's hot and dry at my house, there have been showers all around but not in my immediate area. 
I have noticed one thing caused by the virus I don't like the most and that is customer service. It is lacking in most places and of course the excuse id "due to the corona virus.  

Locally prices are going sky high.  I went to a local farm to get some fresh produce. Tomatoes were $3.95 a pound, and tiny ears of sweet corn were $6 a dozen. 
I am the only one here that eats sweet corn so I only get 6 ears, which they wanted $3.50. I was peeved with the new 50 cent surcharge for half a dozen so I left empty handed and stopped at a roadside stand on the way home. Tomatoes were $3.00 a quart, which weighed out at 2 pounds. (They were delicious)
     Their corn was nice looking and no surcharge for a half dozen ears of darned nice corn and it was the best I have had for a while. I even got a quart of nice peaches. 
The one thing I would really like to have is a good elongated old fashioned, full of seeds watermelon.  All we have are the round seedless ones, and to me they don't have the flavor.  Truckers used to take loads south and bring back a load of watermelons but I guess they don't do that any more.
Pork is selling for a reasonable price and beef prices are beginning to lower. I have been having trouble finding good old fashioned hamburger mix. I know it's not the best for you but to me the greasy hamburgers taste great, and I only eat one at a sitting and only once every couple weeks so I shouldn't be doing bad.
       We got one of those  Emeril ovens that do miracles if you watch him selling them. I want to tell you, it is good money spent. Everything my wife has cooked has been delicious, with the moistest chicken you would ever want to eat. 

I went to the train room yesterday to get one of my sons locomotives to return to him and discovered a mouse nest. First in over ten years. 
     I had a problem with the door because water had gotten to the floor under the threshold and rotted it out. I figure the critter found his way in before I got that sealed back up. I cleaned the nest and removed the damaged paper which was nothing important.

Well, I am hoping everyone stays safe and away from this virus.  My sister in law, that lives in the Phoenix area had the virus and by the time the test had returned she was over it. So much for the heat preventing it.  

I am hoping we get some of the showers predicted for today. 
Regards to all
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 07-23-2020, 08:51 AM