The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, been busy the past few days, Monday was busy counting the raindrops that accidentally fell our way, and yesterday was spend looking to see if I could find any. Turned on the TV yesterday morning to a "MONSOON FINALLY HITS THE VALLEY", accompanied by some ominous music. Two things, one, it wasn't a "monsoon" that hit, it was a dust storm (now call a Haboob), and second, it only hit a small potion of the area on the east side. Every station seemed to focus on one house where a large tree fell on it. So far, that about par for this year's "monsoon season", (correct usage of the term, not my choice either). Nope

Going sofa shopping today. This virus thing must have caught the furniture industry by surprise, several big furniture stores here have "temporarily out of stock", "on backorder"", or, "Sofa on order" on most of their displays. Their web sites only show a limited few as being "in stock", but with a "call and check stock before you come in" warning. I wish I knew all this before taking our old sofa to Goodwill....

Going to Brenda's Kitchen for breakfast this morning, been going there a lot lately, it's like a family reunion when you get there. Everybody waves to you when you come in, people stop to chat with each other, and Brenda knows everyone by name. I wrote about the place a while back, every coffee cup in the place is different and it changes by the season, as does the decorations. The staff wears a different shirt each day, advertising local businesses, with business cards at each table. And.... you can still get a cup of coffee for a buck. Applause The last time we went to Denny's, I think coffee was $2.79. Icon_e_surprised
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 08-19-2020, 06:10 AM