The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon all. Glad everyone is doing OK.  I finally gat in the mood to work on some trains. I decided the decoders in my Bachmann Sharks were not up to snuff so I replaced the board with a DS13R decoder. The one I have finished runs a lot better and responds better too. 2 more to go. I also bought a set of old Model Power sharks that were dcc decoder equipped. I got 3 units for 40 bucks. Seller said he was unable to test them, which means they don't run. I have got lucky quite a few times in the past when a reset was all that was needed however this time they required new decoders. They do run very well now. 
      I used up my inventory of decoders so I ordered 10 more which will probably be the last I ever need.  I have way more locomotives than what will fit on the layout. I should have built another building just so I could have a huge yard.  
      We finally got a good rain yesterday, over 5 inches in 36 hours so no major flooding and the ground way really dry so it soaked a lot of it up. 
      I lost a friend to Parkinson's disease yesterday, some of you may have heard of him, Bruce Manwiller that did Pacing Images which were movies of the steam and diesel excursions in the 70's and 80's. He has some great videos but they were only sold at shows. 
      Everyone enjoy the summer....the count down to fall has started
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 08-29-2020, 03:53 PM