The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is an increasingly muggy 76 on its way to an even muggier 85.

Had an interesting holiday weekend. The wood planter we had on the front patio decided to collapse on Saturday. It had been damaged slightly when Isaias destroyed the pergola. I thought I had strengthened and supported enough to make until the fall but apparently not. My wife and I transplanted the plants into pots. I cleared the remaining soil. I put the pieces away in the garage. Next year I am not relying on the tongue and groove. I am going with screws and glue.

Started working on the master bedroom wall. We had it painted last fall before we discovered how bad the mortar was. We got blistering in the new paint. That is when we knew we had to get the house repointed which was finished in February. I scrapped and plastered a few spots. It is going to take me some time to get this done as my back will only allow so much.

I did get modeling in. I finished weathering seven reefers. I am working on seven more. I also built six more reefers. It should have been seven, but a Walthers Lackawanna 40 FT wood reefer kit was missing the underframe, trucks, and wheels.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 09-08-2020, 09:05 AM