The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is73 going to 81. One weather guesser says partly cloudy. The girl on Channel 6 says spotty showers. They have no clue. Right now, it looks like it could rain.

I test ran a used Proto 2000 AMTRAK E8/9A I got for a good price. It looks like it has been run some, but it performed well. Passed all the tests. Even pulled 14 reefers with no problem. My only complaint is one I always seem to have about Proto 2000; the coupler pockets. They are a (blanky blanky) to add Kadee couplers.

I also ran the Proto 2000 Reading F7A and F7B pulling 14 reefers. They did well.

David, I know what you mean. The Lackawanna reefer was disappointing because the seller said it was complete. I am not going to completely fault the seller because he did not appear to know model trains. I recently bought several MDC/Roundhouse express reefer kits. The person sold them in pairs. One pair one of the cars was missing trucks. I didn’t care because I was after its partner and the price was right. The seller listed the fact that one was missing the trucks. Many of the reefers Iam weathering now came from an estate. I scored 21 reefers and boxcars. They were MDC/Roundhouse, Athearn blue box, and Walthers kits. All but two were built. The built cars were proper weight, and Kadee couplers but had plastic wheels. With shipping and taxes, the price came to around $9.00 a car.

I may work on the bedroom wall some. Not sure as my back is bothering me pretty good today.

I plan on trying to continue weathering the reefers.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 09-09-2020, 06:53 AM