The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks

Getting on late as we had no power for most of the day. The electric company decided to do tree trimming nearby and turned the power off for about 6 hours. Normally I won’t care but these days with people and children home using the computers for work and school I feel this was not the time to be doing this. I spent most of the time making sure my wife stayed online using her cell phone as a mobile hot spot for her computer so she could work with her student. My daughter was doing the same. My son couldn’t start work until the power and router came back on. He deals with what is considered protected and secure data so with the router and its ISP he could not login.

Once the power was back on and I was sure everything was working I had to run to the pharmacy to grab a few things and the deli to pick up stuff for lunches this week.

Since we had some nice days, I did some yardwork, mostly weeding. I had to clean the fishpond filter. The wife and I took my car to the carwash and stopped at local nursery/grocery store to get a few things and look at plants for the fall gardens.

Saturday night I participated in the Ontario & Western Railway Historical Society meeting via Zoom. It took me awhile to get things right with my phone to join the meeting. The program was very interesting and enjoyable.

I finished the Atheran General American Refrigerator Express 50 ft express reefer, Athearn CN 40 ft steel reefer, and MDC/Roundhouse Lehigh Valley 36 ft wood reefer.

I weathered the trucks and wheels, and applied washes to 4 – Bev-Bel/Roundhouse PRR 50 ft wood express reefers

I am in the process of weathering the trucks and wheels on another 3. The seven are part of an 8 car Bev-Bel set. One car is already completed and weathered.

I built the second MDC/Roundhouse Lehigh Valley 36 ft wood reefer. I applied Dullcoat to it and the MDC/Roundhouse Chateau Martin 50 ft wood express reefer as the first step in weathering them.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 09-14-2020, 02:20 PM