The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Hi guys. I am late tonight but did do some modeling . Started to put together some old (1990) Walthers circus flar cars that I will use on my Strates train.  I have the weights glued to the base and will wait a day for it to set.  

Don, My wife and I were given a tour of the Hydroelectric plants that the company I worked for in the 1980's owned that were in upstate New York ( The Watertown area). I shot video tape as well as the supervisor friend. He too took his wife so the gals chatted while we talked shop.  He left his camera running accidentally and when we got back to his house I asked if I could copy what he shot so he put it on the TV and I hooked up and started a copy. 

Well, Bill had used some very colorful language that was caught on tape and Helen, his wife was astonished, claimed she had never heard him say such words.  Icon_e_biggrin. I really think that was for our benefit because Bill was one of those guys that could say that stuff and you never gave it a second thought. 
He was one of the best people I have met in my life. 

I also found a tender I need for my wreck train crane while I was getting the circus car kits from the shelf so I put some trucks on that too.  I will pain it yellow to match the rest.  

Frank, that was a good two days work. It looks great. I hope your back is OK. 

Tom I hurt my back 3 years ago (I have no idea how) but I put up with the pain for 3 days and it got so bad the 3rd night I had my wife take me to the ER. 
They did a MTI and found nothing. The pain was so bad the morphine they gave me didn't relieve it.  I went to my PCP the next day and he sent me to a therapist.  My insurance agreed to 6 treatments and more if needed. The third treatment I was not a damned bit better and I really want to say the therapist did the right thing. He gave me a bunch of impossible exercises, and sat at his desk and read a book. It ticked me off enough that I called a chiropractor and went in that afternoon. One treatment and I felt better and she is not the kind to tell you you need to come back. I guess she knows you know when you should. I went back 2 more times and I still had some muscle pain and she had her massage therapist come and take a look.  I can't explain what she did but it felt like she got inside those muscles and pulled them out. I was quite uncomfortable, but when she was done the chiropractor made a few more adjustments and handed me a bottle of cold water, told me to get up slow because I would be light headed (I was) and I didn't go back for a year.  
     What really upset me was I paid her a copay of 20 bucks, but the PT co pay was 50. The insurance paid the PT guy 300 bucks a session and the chiropractor got a lousy 6.95. I did talk to my insurance and let them know I thought it should have been the other way around. 
      I hope you have similar good results. I have used several chiropractors in my life and I only had one that was going to do "treatments".  that is the word that makes me run.  (I had a chiropractor 30 years ago, ex navy) that told me he could fix a dislocated knee but it would hurt and I would probably call him names. 
It hurt almost as bad as when the horse kicked me but I did not call him names. He was too big for that. He retired 10 years ago, the good docs are all retiring. 

Have a good evening everyone. See some of you tomorrow night. 
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 10-07-2020, 06:38 PM