The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

Heater is cranking this morning with the temperature at 40 and the wind howling at upwards of 20 to 30 mph. We are under a wind advisory until 3 PM. High might be 45.

Halloween went off with a hitch. We had about 50 to 60 trick or treaters which is just below our normal amount. Our social distanced method seemed to work out. Then came Saturday night. A strong smell of burning wood throughout the area set off my wife’s asthma. If were not for the pandemic we would have gone to the hospital as her rescue inhalers and nebulizer medications were not working. There was no place to escape the odor. The smell was everywhere and, in a few areas, nearby it was hazy. It was so bad in three different locations the local fire companies were dispatched to investigate for a fire. No cause has been cited but people suspect it was a large number of fire pits being used by people giving out candy and all being extinguished about the same time. As a result, neither of us got much sleep. Just more of 2020. Sunday I was walking around exhausted and the rain just made everything worse.

Since we don’t have enough stress one of the players on my daughter’s volleyball team is positive for COVID. The girl’s stepmother tested positive on Wednesday. The girl had symptoms on Thursday and Friday but still went to school and practice. She went to the doctors on Saturday and was tested. The results won’t be back until today or tomorrow. The doctor strongly believes she is positive. As a result, my daughter is working virtually until further notice. Volleyball is canceled and all the players were told to stay out of school. If the girl tests positive the high school and possibly the district will be shut down for two weeks. Apparently, there have been cases in the elementary schools.

The district my wife works for as of Friday had 12 students and 4 staff members test positive. They are pushing forward like nothing is wrong. They did, however, shut down the special needs/life skills program in the high school due to positive cases there. They are now all virtual.

Even with all the fun going on I did get seven boxcars weathered and three more ready to be weathered. I also ran some trains.

With the passing of Sean Connery, I am going to try to find “Marnie”. The movie was filmed in Philadelphia and the surrounding area. They used 30th Street Station in Philadelphia. The scene where they are driving uses the Media Bypass, US Route 1. The Howard Johnson’s they pull into for lunch was in Springfield at the end of the Bypass about 3 miles from here. My wife and I ate at the HoJo’s several times but it was no longer a HoJo’s at that time.

Tom, hope everything works out for your son and he recovers quickly. Good news on your granddaughter and prayers for her continued recovery.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 11-02-2020, 08:28 AM