The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks

It is a chilly and windy 44. They say the high will be 51, not sure it will make it.

Things are starting to tighten up regarding the COVID spikes. The state is now requiring a test within 72 hours of arriving in the state or a 14-day quarantine. They are also requiring mask wearing indoors and outdoors if you are around anyone other than your family you live with. Philadelphia is limited group sizes and ordered all schools closed and school and youth sports canceled. Another adjoining county, Montgomery, is closing schools starting Monday. Across the river, New Jersey is very close to a full shutdown. Delaware will be tightening their restrictions. Both New Jersey and Delaware both now forbid youth sports from hosting out of state teams or traveling out of state. One very disturbing trend in Pennsylvania is only 16% of people are cooperating with contact tracers. The trend started in youth sports where there were several outbreaks and people refused to answer questions to prevent their sport from being shut down. Good job, now everything is going to get shut down. Sorry to rant but I am weary of this especially when some common sense and curiosity could have lessened the impact.

I went grocery store shopping yesterday. The toilet paper and paper towel aisle had been ransacked. There were a few rolls of tp but no paper towels. Things for Thanksgiving dinner were also in short supply. I was texting my daughter the list of things I could not find so she could try on her way home from work. Between the two of us we got almost everything. I do have to venture out in a bit and try to get a few things I forgot to look for yesterday.

I thought I would get to weathering the hoppers and sealing the boxcars but every time I tried something else came up, May be today will be better.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 11-17-2020, 01:38 PM