The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
It is a cold 32 right now with a high of 48 expected. The overnight low was 24 so maybe the weather has returned to normal.

We finished putting up the last of the Thanksgiving decorations. Now all that is left is putting the bins back down in the basement.

The school district my daughter works for announced they will be going all virtual starting Monday. She was saying everyone teachers, staff, and students were hoping they would do so. She says everyone is stressed out and the in reality the students are not learning much since they are more worried about getting COVID. Since the schedule and rules are very rigid and strict there is almost no socializing. She said the cafeteria during lunch is quiet like a church during a funeral. Many of the kids want to go back to virtual instead of being in this very stressful environment. They may try to go back to hybrid a couple of weeks into December, but few believe they will.

My wife’s district on the other hand is doing nothing. They continue to operate as if nothing is wrong even though they have more cases every day in the schools. The kids are scheduled to be off all next week but the teachers and paraprofessionals have training on Monday and Tuesday which is all virtual.

I ran some trains last night. That bothersome turnout is still driving me crazy. At the end after making sure there was no debris around it and a few other things I finally got the locomotive to pass through the turnout without derailing. I still don’t trust it.

I finished taking photos of my boxcars for inventory. I forgot how many cars I custom painted and decaled or used dry transfers. There was at least a dozen.

Tonight, I will try to weather some hoppers.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 11-19-2020, 08:42 AM