The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

Warmer today with the current temperature at 44. High is supposed to be 58.

Yesterday began moving the outdoor furniture inside. I brought the two glass top tables in and put them into the attic. I then brought in all the potted plants we save each year and put them on the tables near an attic window. Have to put the plants in the attic which is not heated but insulated to keep them away from the cats who are not allowed in the attic.

I have to start buying the loaves of bread for the turkey stuffing. My wife uses about 8 loaves for a 20-pound bird. Our Thanksgiving dinners have been always small as there is no family close by. In the past it has been my son, daughter, wife, myself, and my father-in-law. This year will be the first truly without my father-in-law. Last year he was in the nursing home and visited him after dinner. I suspect there will be a few rough spots. On the brighter side, my daughter’s boyfriend will be attending.

If the weather holds tomorrow it will be rearranging the garage and putting the rest of the outdoor furniture into it for winter storage. I need to take the canopy cover off the gazebo and remove the center light fixture. Sunday will probably be recovery day.

Last night I decided to test the new Proto 1000 PRR Erie-Built A and B unit I acquired. At first the A unit ran fine but the moment I added the B unit the derailing at the one turnout began. Again, I tweaked the turnout and things would go well for a few laps then the derailing would start again. I removed and replaced the turnout. The A unit made it through the turnout okay, but the B unit continued to derail. I pulled the second turnout and replaced it with a curve section. Everything was fine until the B unit started derailing at the next turnout which I have never had a problem. After a few choice words I traced the derailing to a piece of curve track before the original problem some turnout. I discovered that as the loco passed over the track the track sank and bounced knocking the front wheel of the first truck off the track. The track in this area is not permanently attached as this area is a work in progress. I made some adjustments and made sure the track was more secure. Thus far problem is solved and the train ran smoothly. I will put back the turnout at a later date.

I still have not weathered any of the hoppers. I hope to do them this weekend.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 11-20-2020, 08:09 AM