The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 42 heading up to 55.

My daughter helped me disassemble the table in the breakfast nook. Then spent a good deal of time cleaning the floor and getting the shine back. Due to her schedule with her online class we had to work during the chat. I got on send hello and then had to leave. I was hoping to get back on but by the time I tried everyone was gone.

Mikey nice find on the cars. I had a 2010 Sedona I bought used. It was a nice van and I had planned to keep it for awhile until the front axle broke. Schools are crazy with the scheduling. Upper Darby never went to hybrid. They stayed virtual as they could find enough substitutes to fill in for all the retiring, sick, or on leave teachers and staff. The school my daughter works at was at a point that if 3 more teachers went out, they would have to go all virtual due to not enough staff. They asked that staff not travel during Thanksgiving and warned them if they did and come down with COVID they would not be eligible for COVID leave. They went into lockdown starting this week for at least two or three weeks. The district my wife works in is losing teachers and staff like crazy. They are getting sick from COVID, retiring, or resigning. They are making new employment postings several times a day. Even before COVID the working environment for teachers in that district was very toxic. Now with COVID their staffing issues are getting critical. It is one of those districts where the kids and parents are never wrong and everything is the teacher’s fault.

Last evening, I went downstairs and decided to two quick jobs. I removed the hook and horn couple from the front of my IHC Lehigh & Hudson River steamer and replaced it with a knuckle couple. It went very smoothly. Then I decided to put the couple back on the Erie-Built B unit. It has fallen off during my test running. It took a desperate search, but I found the coupler and the box lid. I quickly reinstalled the coupler only to have it fall out again. Upon examining things, I discovered one of the clips was broken and the rear steps were damaged. I tried to drill a hole in the coupler lid and screw it in place. That did not work. After trying several other options, I had to remove the sides of the coupler box and use a Kadee box to replace it. The steps were so damaged I removed them. A future project will be to find a replacement and install them. Later I continued entering records in the database. I have all my reefers and covered hoppers with 3 or more bays entered.

The new table is scheduled to arrive between 12 and 3 today. We will also be doing Thanksgiving dinner prep. The turkey is sitting in cold water in the sink thawing. It has been in the refrigerator since Friday and still is not thawed. I have eight loaves of bread I have to remove the crust and cut into cubes for my wife to make the stuffing. I have no idea if any modeling or train running will happen today.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 11-25-2020, 08:58 AM