The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good evening folks

Getting here late. I slept in this morning partially due to a food coma. We always make more food than we should considering we only have four people this year. My wife set a place for her dad as this is the first year, he is not with us. My son was the last to the table and saw the empty chair and broke down. My FIL retired to be a stay at home grandpa to help raise our daughter and mostly our son who was still in diapers.

The wife and I had to make a run to CVS as she needed one of her over the counter meds. On the way home we stopped at the Swiss Farms store to get a couple of things. Swiss Farms is a drive thru grocery store that is unique to Delaware County, PA. They started out selling milk, bread, eggs, and other dairy products. They now carry most things you would find at a small local grocery.

My latest two deals arrived today, and I had to try them out. I have done well recently on that auction site. I grabbed a used Roundhouse by Athearn RTR CNJ F7A (powered) and F7B (dummy) in the blue and orange scheme for $40 and a Proto 2000 FA1/FB1 Lehigh & New England for $100 new still in original unopened packaging. The LNE set is number 705 (A) and 752 (B). These units are rare and hard to find at a responsible price. Last time I saw them they went for nearly $200. I have 701 (A) and 751 (B). All units run well. I had to clean the wheels on the F7A as it stuttered a little. After the cleaning it took off.

This weekend we will take down the Thanksgiving decorations. I hope to get the outside Christmas decorations done. Inside we will set up the tree and begin the marathon of decorating. If there is time, I may get to weather those hoppers that have been sitting on the workbench for the last two weeks. If there is time I may run a train or two.

I hope everybody has a good night.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 11-27-2020, 07:45 PM