The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a chilly 42 heading up to 51. Boy did we have some rain yesterday. More on that later.

Haven’t made it here the past few mornings. I have been busy most of the days and have not gotten in front of the computer until well after dinner. Saturday, I put up all the outdoor lights and decorations. Sunday, I slept late. It was a painkiller kind of day. We didn’t do much. We planned on putting up the tree, but I just could not find the strength to do so. We did move the furniture around to make room for the tree. Sunday night was a rough one. I did not get much sleep as I could not find a comfortable position to lay in due to the aches and pains from Saturday.

Yesterday I had to take the car to the dealer for the annual state safety inspection and emissions inspection. Heading to the dealer I caught in one the nasty squalls. I could barely see the road and the wipers could not keep up with the rain. The whole time I was at the dealer there was little to no rain. Once I left the dealer that changed quickly as I found myself in another downpour. I had to stop at a PetSmart on the way home. I got soaked despite having a rain jacket on the way from the store to the car. Again, I was driving in a heavy steady rain and down the roads were starting flood. I stopped at the grocery store and had to run/swim from the car to store. Mercifully the weather broke when I left the store. I got home and thankfully my daughter and her boyfriend brought the groceries and pet stuff in from the car and put it away. I got out of my soaked clothes and parked myself in front of the fireplace and tried to recover for the rest of the evening.

No modeling got done this weekend. I am beginning to wonder if I ever will weather those hoppers.

Today we are putting up the tree. I already pulled the bins out of the storage part of the attic and will soon begin bringing them down.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 12-01-2020, 08:29 AM