doctorwayne's sorta one-foot challenge...
Well, I did opt for finishing the roof, mainly to get it off the workbench....

...but by the time I had finished, it wasn't yet even 4:00AM, so I decided to also start the next one, which will be the replacement for the former boxcar LCL warehouse at Elfrida....

I did only about a third of it this morning, but finished-off the support structure about an hour ago.

The angle iron attachments to the 12"x12" framework, to keep the floor joists in alignment, aren't likely very prototypical, but I wanted to create very solid joints, so that after I croak, somebody who wants this structure can dig it out of the scenery with little-to-no-damage.  (it needs to be installed in scenery, mainly because not all of the "pilings" are the same length, with some hovering above current "ground-level" - one of the side-effects of using a Chopper on fairly heavy stock is that the blade ends-up pushing the material against the stop which sets the length, with the result that each cut nudges it a few thou further out of whack.  The hovering ones are those cut to the proper length).

My plan...who am I kidding?  Okay, I might make a sketch or take a couple of measurements, but most of this stuff just comes to me and seems to develop on its own.  The building will be roughly the same size as the wayward boxcar, but with a bit of a platform on the side where vehicles can pick-up or drop-off shipments.

Again, nothin' fancy...well, maybe a smokejack, but no plumbing vent...the station is only steps away for such emergencies.

Next step is to finish the details on the support structure, then paint most of it, leaving the top surfaces of the joists
unpainted, to allow floorboards to be cemented in place.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: doctorwayne's sorta one-foot challenge... - by doctorwayne - 03-16-2020, 04:38 PM