doctorwayne's sorta one-foot challenge...
Finally a little more progress on the Elfrida LCL warehouse.

I had some issues with another scratchbuilt building where one of the gable ends warped quite severely inward, due to insufficient bracing, so I made the roof for this one so that it interlocks with the structure. 

It's well-braced, with a deep ridge support, which slides between a pair of uprights cemented to the interior side of both gable ends.  Hopefully, the set-up is understandable from these two photos...

After that, I sorta got involved with working on this, and neglected to take in-progress photos, so here are a few views of it, temporarily on the layout where it will eventually end-up.

This side faces the track...

...while this side faces the access road and parking lot, although there's not much room for a truck to back-up to the loading platform...

...a couple of views of the freight doors, with this one slightly open...

...and both front and rear doors open...

...and finally, a close-up of the brackets supporting the platform's overhanging roof...

I still need to add a smokejack  (or two) on the roof, and may add a few interior details to finish it.

I'm undecided on whether to "plant" the first two structures on the layout next, or to get working on the next part needed to get a little closer to the required one square foot.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: doctorwayne's sorta one-foot challenge... - by doctorwayne - 03-21-2020, 11:42 PM