doctorwayne's sorta one-foot challenge...
Well, finally some more to share, although I didn't take much in the way of progress pictures, as construction was very similar to the earlier offerings.

Here's the first one, a switch tender's shanty, which will likely end-up near the coaling tower and turntable in Lowbanks, although it won't likely make it before the end of this Challenge.  Rather than construction photos, I'll call them assembly photos...

[Image: Switch%20tenders%20shanty%20-%201.jpg]

[Image: Switch%20tenders%20shanty%20-%202.jpg]

[Image: Switch%20tenders%20shanty%20-%203.jpg]

This one is going on the track which serves the oil house in Lowbanks, and will be for day-to-day maintenance and cleaning of the "BEE" and its trailers.  Here's the floorplan....

[Image: Maintenance%20building%20for%20the%20BEE%20-%201.jpg]

...and with the ceiling in-place, including support for the roof and gable ends...

[Image: Maintenance%20building%20for%20the%20BEE%20-%202.jpg]

...a view of the side which will face the track...

[Image: Maintenance%20building%20for%20the%20BEE%20-%203.jpg]

...and that of the rear, where I hope to add parking space for a car or two...

[Image: Maintenance%20building%20for%20the%20BEE%20-%204.jpg]

This small shed will be located alongside the one above, and houses the equipment to both fuel the BEE and to fill, from a tank car, the storage tank for the BEE's diesel fuel...

[Image: Pumphouse%20for%20diesel%20fuel%20for%20...E%20-1.jpg]

[Image: Pumphouse%20for%20diesel%20fuel%20for%20...0-%202.jpg]

[Image: Pumphouse%20for%20diesel%20fuel%20for%20...0-%203.jpg]

...and this is the storage tank, with the support structure from an old Revell kit, and the tank made from a plastic tube which once held paper for an office machine.....

[Image: Tank%20for%20diesel%20fuel....jpg]

The tank's dome is from a plastic Tyco steamer, with the inspection platform built from Tichy odds 'n' ends, while the ladder is a Central Valley offering.

These structures, along with those from the earlier posts, cover an area of approximately 44.7 sq. inches, far short of the Challenge's 144 sq. inches. 
I've decided to not put another structure in one of the empty locations shown previously in Lowbanks, as I can't think of any need for it for locomotive or rolling stock maintenance.

(Post continued in next submission, due to limit on photos.)Angry

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: doctorwayne's sorta one-foot challenge... - by doctorwayne - 04-30-2020, 02:23 AM