Magnorail
There is a member at RR-Line that wil be building this. I posted a video by Luke Towan (a very outstanding modeler from down under) on this system. Mangorail does add a new dimension to a layout. I hope you enjoy, his work is so realistic it is scary. You can click on the button to skip the commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4EOT1XXc_Y
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Started to watch it but noticed it is quite lengthy, so I'll go back when I have some more time. But you're right, it's so realistic you have to do a double-take to be sure of what you're looking at.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I fast-forwarded through the dull parts, like building the store, but there were some good scenicing methods covered and the finished product looks very convincing.  Replicating it on a fair-size layout might be a bit more involved, but the techniques are useful for creating points of interest.

Wayne
Did anybody notice the guy on the bike is actually pedaling it? Big Grin
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(08-06-2020, 06:37 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Did anybody notice the guy on the bike is actually pedaling it? Big Grin

Yeah, I noticed, but expected to see someone chasing him...he was pedalling like a madman!

Wayne
(08-06-2020, 10:49 AM)doctorwayne Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 06:37 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Did anybody notice the guy on the bike is actually pedaling it? Big Grin

Yeah, I noticed, but expected to see someone chasing him...he was pedalling like a madman!

Wayne

That was someone in the Jeep chasing him, both disappeared somewhere (maybe a sinkhole), that's why the guy in the Bobcat came to get them out....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
(08-05-2020, 06:02 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: There is a member at RR-Line that wil be building this. I posted a video by Luke Towan (a very outstanding modeler from down under) on this system.  Mangorail does add a new dimension to a layout. I hope you enjoy, his work is so realistic it is scary. You can click on the button to skip the commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4EOT1XXc_Y

I've seen this on television many times, especially on large layouts in Germany and the Netherlands.  Good way to add moving vehicles if you model in the current time period.