The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, another fine week ahead. We start today in the low 70's and hit the 80's before the weekend. Willing to share this weather with you folks to the north and east of us, just as long as you share your mild summers in return.

Nothing on the schedule for this week. We've even canceled our family dinner since my DIL is still down with COVID. I skipped last week's dinner partially because of that, right now I'm the only family member left that hasn't gotten the bug and we'd all like to keep it that way.

Still waiting for someone to come over and give me an estimate on getting the ceiling back to where it was before the leak. I may have to wait a bit thanks to the supply chain and the worker shortages.

Have a great week everyone, glad some are doing better, prayers for all in need for sure...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning folks

It is 29 going up to 38. We are under a Winter Weather Advisory for the possibility of freezing rain until 10 AM this morning.

We put up most of the Valentines Day decoration and did some house cleaning this weekend.

I pretty much finished the Golden Valley Canning Company kit. I still have decals to add but I need to seal the kit and that won't happen until the weather gets a little warmer. There is also the piping that goes from the boiler house to the main building. I can't do that until I decided on the final configuration of the buildings on the layout. I added some decals to the O.L. King Coal Company building.

Today I am not sure what is going on around the house. There is some laundry to do and a couple little chores.

On the layout I would like to add some more feeds and start weathering the Third Track near the Union Station. On the workbench I have a bunch of cars to tune up.

I hope everybody has a great day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 7 and after some light flurries headed for maybe some sun and 29. 45 tomorrow.

Quiet day yesterday. More progress on recovering the foot stool. Should finish that up this afternoon if I get the ambition. Right now I'm trying to find enough ambition go searching for some ambition. Yep, I've been holed up w-a-a-a-y too long.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning good people, we're moving into the high 70's, low 80's for at least a week, nice break. Still no word on whether there will be any Spring Training games. That's why a lot of folks come this way. They just finished building two large hotel-looking structures to house both teams that play here in Surprise and I don't see any activity near either one.

Gas prices have reversed again, most stations are back up to $3.75, I filled up at Costco a few weeks ago for $3.29, now they're up to $3.54.

Made two doctor appointments yesterday, one says, "we can get you in tomorrow morning", the other (an eye doctor) says, "I can put you on a list and call you when we are ready to take appointments for April and May". Called a different eye doctor and snagged one for April 4. This is typical here in the winter months, so it was a real surprise that I got that first appointment that soon, must have had a cancellation.

I hope all goes well for you today, stay warm, stay healthy and have some fun.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning folks

It is 31 and heading up to 40. Whoa heat wave.

I started taking the Valentine Days bins down stairs and worked on some laundry.

I added some more decals to the O.L. King Coal Yard building. Walthers is going to send me the third missing piece I need for the Golden Valley Canning Company. I got the other two they sent and added them to the kit.

Not sure what I am going to work on next. I have feeds to add. I could glue down some more roadbed and track. Work on the base for the coal yard. Tune up some freight cars.

We have to take the puppy for her first visit along with one of the cats.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

Got you beat today, Tom. It's clear and 25 outside my window this morning and is supposed to hit 47 by this afternoon.

With the mild weather that will definitely mean porch sitting this afternoon. Also probably take a walk. Swimming this morning along with a trip to Hobby Lobby and possibly Walmart. I did get another corner finished on the foot stool and the corner pieces cut out for the last two corners. I may work on them while on the porch this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning folks

It is 23 and going up to 48.

We took the puppy and one of the cats to the vet yesterday. Everything went well. They got their shots and we have a few meds to give the puppy.

I think I figured out a configuration for the coal yard. I cleaned and reorganized the workbench which was long overdue.

I hope to make a base for the coal yard. After that I am not sure what I will tackle next.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning everybody, no need to talk about the weather, let's just say that it'll be another nice day here today.

They're coming out today to give me an estimate on restoring my ceiling, meaning that I'll be shut down completely when they do the work since my layout, workbenches and computer are in the same room adjacent to the hall and I understand that they're going to paint it all.

Not much more going on here personally. There is the Phoenix Open this week that always has the same closing date as the Super Bowl. You would think they'd pick a different week, except like next year when the game will be here, they hold off the final round of golf until Monday. Why, well, there are hundreds, maybe thousands of private jets all around every airport and they all want to take off at the same time. This way half of them won't leave until Tuesday. Plus, there's not enough limos to service both areas. I'm not kidding, every regional airport has jets parked nose to tail to fill their tarmac. I guess if you can afford your own jet (or use your company's), you can afford to pay $25,000 or more for a ticket to the game. As for the Phoenix open, general admission is a reasonable $50 and $75, but there are many, many options for skyboxes and clubs offering group rates for around $75,000. BTW, many of those are already sold out. I guess I won't be going this year, again.... Oh, BTW, if you didn't know this, the Phoenix Open had been played in Scottsdale for the last 25 years.

I hope everyone has a great day today, I'm going to try, depends a lot on what the quote is for my ceiling repairs...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy ad 35 at the moment headed for cloudy and 38 with a slight chance for some rain. Not good this time of year as it will freeze as soon as it hits the ground.

Skipped the gym and did some shopping yesterday morning. I did take a nice 3 mile walk yesterday afternoon. Also found out the stone for my son's grave should be here in April. Not much planned for today other than a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Hello Blue
Sunny morning with a temp of 37. Hope it will melt some snow.
My wife is gone for the day, so I will enjoy myself by just goofing off.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning folks

It is 33 heading up to 51. First morning in quite awhile it is above freezing when I let the dog out.

Did not do much around the house yesterday. I had a telemed doctor's appointment for a routine check up.

I made the base for the coal yard and began painting it. Hopefully I can finish painting it and get in place on the layout.

I have to go and get my yearly blood tests and run to the grocery.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning, gunna be our first 80+ day of the year, and stay that way until mid next week. Rain and low 60's in the forecast for Wednesday. Monday is ideal target shooting weather, so we're headed out early. I talked to a gal that said she'd love to go target shooting, until I told her we were early birds, haven't heard from her since.... Applause

Got a quote to restore my ceiling, need to go back to the insurance company and get more money. What's worse is that they want to paint the whole ceiling and one wall. Not sure how they're going to deal with my layout and the cabinet I have on the wall filled with rolling stock. one item on the quote is to "empty and replace room", and I'm betting they won't do that. I'm betting I won't let them do that. Nope

We're heading to Bobbie's Cafe this morning, a bit farther, but we just can't take Brenda's new owner more than a few times a week. She told the cook that she wasn't there to make friends, and by golly, she's successful there.

Take care and have a great day, remember, only two days until another weekend...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy this morning and it's going to stay that way for a while. Chance of rain tonight which could get really nasty with the ground still very frozen. 22 now and 41 later.

Looks like I'm going to finally need a new tv for the living room. My 12 year old Vizio is apparently on its last legs. When it first started acting up I thought it was a bad recorder but it also started showing problems on my Xbox. Started doing some looking yesterday. According to their web site Walmart says they only have one Vizio in stock even though I saw several on display. Best Buy in Des Moines has one that I like and it may be worth a road trip as I also need some new Skechers. I wore New Balance for years but tried a pair of Skechers and really like them. Not much planned for today other than a trip to the gym and my usual Thursday dinner. I did get a pizza yesterday for National Pizza Day.

All stay safe.

Tom

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy 8nd 38 headed for cloudy, very windy (40+ mph), and 18 by around 5 this afternoon.  Not gonna be the most pleasant day of the week.

I got a new mandrel for my Dremel.  I was cutting a piece of metal the other day and the screw that holds the cutting wheel broke.  I found a replacement at Menards that included some more cutting wheels.  The search for a new tv continues.  I was considering going to Des Moines to get the one at Best Buy but the weather may make for a rather unpleasant time. 

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning folks

It is 32 heading up to 58. Tomorrow is supposed to be 57. Then Sunday we have the chance of snow. Gotta love Pennsylvania weather.

I had to go and get some bloodwork yesterday. Get to the place where my appointment was and find out the doctor's office sent the orders to the wrong lab. Luckily a phone call was able to fix it. Sometimes I swear the doctor's office staff will kill you faster than whatever you are suffering from.

I glued down the coal yard base. I hope to work on it some more this weekend. Also I need to continue adding feeds.

Since the weather is going to be nice we plan on doing some leash training with the puppy and perhaps take her to a park.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery