The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

76 with 86% humidity. Going to 97 later. Storms this evening should break the heat wave. Highs in the low 80s next week.

Had a light shower yesterday morning so I grabbed the umbrella and went for a nice walk. Later I put new pedals on my bike. Otherwise the day was spent indoors. Today will be indoors also.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning folks

It is 82 on its way to 95.

Not much to say about the weather other it is hot. Yesterday I was out in the heat for about 6 hours during the concrete pour. At least the humidity was down and there was a breeze off the river. It was bad but not as bad as Wednesday. I will probably go out and water the plants shortly. We have some running to do, Delaware for gas, PetSmart, the produce store, and the grocery store.

No trains yesterday. We'll see what today brings.

I hpe everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning all, Saturday, as usual got to sleep in an extra hour and a half, I rarely take naps so this is my way of catching up.

Checked with the NWS, we hit 114 yesterday, no new snow and our snow pack is still at zero. Always good info from our government. Waiting I did see some water drops on my windshield yesterday, even had about a dozen drops hit it on the way back from breakfast, but that was it for rain. Temps starting to drop, 109 today, they say 95 on Monday and a good chance of rain everyday. Wow....

Still got a few house chores to do, one good thing about living alone is that you can put things like this off and no one else cares...

Been watching "Alone" on the History Channel, absolutely fascinating what some folks will endure for a half-million bucks. If you've never watched it, ten people are left up in Labrador, Canada with ten items like a bow and arrows, hatchet, fire starter, and each one has to live off the land. The last one left wins the money. They each have to build a shelter, some do without food for days and celebrate when they catch a squirrel for dinner. Right now it is day 50, there are three left and winter has set in big time. This is the ninth series, one was in Antarctica, the next one is called, "Alone and Frozen"....

Yeah, I missed another " Pi day", March 14, got by me too....

Ya all have a great weekend, do something fun if you can, but stay safe regardless.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
For us Yankees, it's a hot 90s today.
My news this morning is the new top loader washer we bought. Makes some real unfamiliar noises. But it came with a packet of Tide, boy does that stuff stink. 
We use the unscented All. Much more pleasant to my nose.
Some of our club members went to Ill. for the weekend to tour the IRM. Of course there are some train stores on their menu as well.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning everyone, I hope all is going well for you all. Just not much happening here, temps are down a bit, today should be closer to 100 with a good chance of rain later this evening. My newspaper frequently comes in a bag in case it rains. Yesterday it didn't and it was too wet to read, my truck is all muddy, so we must have had a brief shower and lots of wind come through early.

Not much change in gas prices, some stations have dropped two cents to $4.83. There are other stations around the valley selling for under $4.25, just none in our area.

Nothing on the schedule for today, might try to finish up that trackwork, not sure until I get there. This is a busy week, had to make an appointment for an oil change a week in advance. My vehicle nags me starting when it gets down to 15% oil life, and now it's telling me that I'm 25 miles past due and that I also need to put air in my tires. Yeah, yeah, not my fault that every auto shop around is busy...

Take care everybody, enjoy the rest of the weekend. I hope those that have been hurting are all feeling better and are healed up by now.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

79 at the moment with 89% humidity. Even a short walk results in sweating. I did get about a half inch of rain last night with a few low grade thunderstorms.

Watched a somewhat surprising F1 race this morning. After that I went for a two mile walk. Soaking wet when I got home with the humidity.

Gas was down to $3.85 yesterday when I was out.

All stay safe.

Tom

Greetings, gang.

It's a partly cloudy 62 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Today's high is only predicted to be in the upper 70s. Off and on slight chances for rain in the upcoming week.

Gym this morning otherwise nothing planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good Monday morning to ya all, yesterday was cool, either at or below 100 depending on who you're listening to. The 80% chance of rain was meant for the south and west of us, probably got a drizzle here, I'll see when I go outside. Even cooler today, mid-90's still maybe rain every day this week.

Gas is crazy, Costco down 10 cents to $4.39, Fry's (Kroger) is $4.75 at one station and $4.89 at another about two miles away. On the east side of the valley we have gas as low as $4.14, I guess it costs a lot to truck it 20 miles to us on the west side. I guarantee you, if I lived on the east side, gas would be cheaper on the west side. I think Google tracks me to make sure I pay the highest price for gas and get the least amount of rain. Yeah, I'm sure they have control of the weather. Waiting 

Busy week, appointments and I hope the rain lets up on Thursday so we can go shooting. Other than that, no real plans.

Ya all have a great and productive week, stay safe and have fun.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good morning folks

It is 79 going up to 92. This is supposed to be the last day of the week long heat wave. We are expecting thunderstorms later this afternoon.

Watered the gardens early in the morning and did some gardening before the sun got too high. I also did some laundry.

I ran some trains but had issues with my BLI Centipede stalling and derailing on some of the switches. I had done a heavy cleaning of the track about two weeks ago so I am not sure what is the issue. I test a couple of other DCC locos with no issues. The Centipede is a Paragon 3 model. I also notice a few places where the track is temporarily tacked down is coming loose and bouncing. I need to think about a solution that is not permanent as some areas will be modified in the future.

Not sure what will happen tonight. It depends on how tired I am after work. I do need to stop at the grocery store on the way home.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Sun and 80s today, our week of 90s has passed.
Gas here is still sitting around $4.59. Talk of 3.99 from the TV stations is just talk so far.
Maters got planted late so they are still green. I thought the 90s we had would ripen some of them. Wishful thinking didn't help on this one.
No special plans for today.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Hi everyone
      I have been down sick for the last 3 days. I have no idea what but it could hve been anything that is going around.  I am feeling better today, finished removing the fenders and cowl panel from the motor home and cleaned 42 years of accumulated dirt from the inner sections. It is drying now so I will coroseal it when it is dry and paint what should be protected for the next 40 years. 
      I got the sad news that another one of my Kiski volunteers passed away yesterday. It was a good generation. Six  of them are gone now. 

Stay safe and alive everyone. 
Charlie
hi all. a fine windless day today we had a 6-inch Arizona rain this morning, temps are cooler 99 now yesterday was muggy humidity was up in the 50 % range so i spent day watching john wayne movies and making plastic bag strips for wife. got to go to VA tomorrow morning for some blood work and some shopping were looking at a walk-in tub wife can't get out of the garden tub anymore.
stay safe and hydrated.
Jim
Good morning all, was overcast and dreary all day yesterday, finally had a T-storm come through, woke me up sometime after midnight, got at least a half-inch according to the county rain map. Temps under 100 for today with a reasonable chance of rain.

Wow Jim, 6 inches, that's almost a whole year's worth of rain.

Nothing spectacular going on today, just finally getting the oil changed. Tired of the thing nagging me every time I start it up, "you're 72 miles past maintenance due", "your rear left tire is down to 29 pounds", one time it thought that "your windshield washer fluid is low" was more important than knowing all the other stuff usually on the dashboard, and kept flashing that message every few miles... Sometimes technology can be annoying.

A slight change in gas, down a few pennies, one station had dropped below $3.00 for the day as a gesture to help ease the pump pain a bit. Of course, long lines at that station. A few stations around town still over $5.00, I doubt that there are too many lines there. Nope 

Take care everyone, stay cool and stay safe. Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 67 headed for 78 and a slight chance of rain this evening.

Yet another quiet day yesterday. Grocery shopping this morning and the Top Gun movie this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good afternoon folks

It is currently 75 heading to a high of 83. Humidity has been creeping up all day and what was a nice morning is now getting obsessive. At least the temperature is down and the sun is behind clouds. We had a short thunderstorm yesterday. Not long but long enough to get everything wet and I did not have to do any watering.

Last night was trash night so I had to go around and collect everything that needed to go out. The wife and I are getting a new bed frame this week that does not require a boxspring so we been doing some cleaning and sorting.

No trains last night.

The wife and I are planning on getting haircuts later this afternoon. I will have to see what the rest of the evening holds.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery