The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

It's a damp chilly 44 degrees in southwest Missouri this afternoon. Down to 32 tonight.

It's been a pretty spectacular week for me. Lots of fun with my son and his family. Then yesterday one of the neighbors had a Thanksgiving dinner for about 20 friends and neighbors. They even included me! What a wonderful meal and some truly terrific neighbors my son has.

My original plan was to start for home tomorrow but the weather for Tuesday was looking pretty bad so I left a day early. It worked out well for me going through Dallas. Traffic was very light there. The central part of eastern Oklahoma was the heaviest traffic and even that wasn't too bad. I won't be able to leave here before about 6 in the morning. That way most of the rush hour traffic in Kansas City should be over by then. That should put me home by early afternoon tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning good people, well, Thanksgiving is behind us and now the Christmas rush. At my age, my rushing speed is probably well under 1mph, if I could do a whole mile. Temps here are sitting just around 70, the NWS says over 70, the forecasters say under and I don't know why they're not the same. Could have rain as early as today, but I'm betting against it.

Arizona Cardinals lost on the next to last play of the game. LA scored with 12 seconds left, then did a gutsy two-pointer to win by one. The Cardinals have only won 4 games, 2 of them by the backup quarterback. Yesterday they played their $160,000,000, ($46,000,000/year), starter quarterback and still couldn't win. Just Googled NFL salaries and found the lowest paid player still makes $660,000 a year, raising to $990,000 after four years. An inactive player can still make over $400,000 a year. Boy, no other industry in the world can beat those kind of salaries.

Got one appointment today, still looking for my cleaning lady to say when she is over her cold and can come. My house is not bad, but some of the wastebaskets are getting full and I might have to empty them on my own.... Icon_rolleyes

Take care and stay safe, Tom, have a safe trip home.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

34 now but it's only going to go downhill for the remainder of the day.  Here's the forecast from our very good friends at the National Weather Service:

Rain, snow, and freezing rain before noon, then snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain between noon and 2pm, then snow likely after 2pm. Temperature falling to around 25 by 5pm. Windy, with a north northeast wind 14 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Got home around 1 yesterday afternoon.  Traffic through Kansas City was remarkably light.  Add to that the 30+mph tail wind and I got really good gas mileage on the way home.  Today is laundry and grocery shopping along with some resting.  

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning everybody, no changes here, well, maybe one... Temps and gas prices stable. Gas buddy says on Circle K selling at $3.49, but all others are $4.39 so I'm wondering, is this a typo?

As for the one change, got t-boned this morning on the way to breakfast. The whole right side from the front fender to the truck bed is in bad shape. Driveable, but barely, dragging entrails, so I'm waiting for my insurance agent to open. The guy that hit me was driving a new Honda that looks like he's had it just two weeks, was pulling out of a gas station in heavy traffic and thought I was in the other lane. My Honda is a 2020 with about 20K miles on it. I just got the fender repaired after someone backed into me. Kind of spoils the day, couldn't even eat breakfast, but fortunately, no one was hurt.

Aside from that, my back is doing a lot better, I get two test shots for my spine in the next few weeks, and if they work, they'll do an ablation and for the first time in over sixty years, my back may not hurt, or at least as badly.

Arizona State has a new football coach, I wonder how long before the Cardinals do likewise.

So much for now, have a great day and be careful out there because even when you are, accidents do happen...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(11-29-2022, 09:37 AM)ezdays Wrote: ...got t-boned this morning on the way to breakfast. The whole right side from the front fender to the truck bed is in bad shape. ... My Honda is a 2020 with about 20K miles on it. I just got the fender repaired after someone backed into me. Kind of spoils the day, couldn't even eat breakfast, but fortunately, no one was hurt.

Don,
what a bad way to start the day.  I''m glad you weren't injured.
--Hillyard
(11-29-2022, 10:54 AM)hillyard999 Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 09:37 AM)ezdays Wrote: ...got t-boned this morning on the way to breakfast. The whole right side from the front fender to the truck bed is in bad shape. ... My Honda is a 2020 with about 20K miles on it. I just got the fender repaired after someone backed into me. Kind of spoils the day, couldn't even eat breakfast, but fortunately, no one was hurt.

Don,
what a bad way to start the day.  I''m glad you weren't injured.
--Hillyard

Thank you, glad no one got hurt as well. Talked to that little gecko from Geico and they will take care of everything including a rental. I'd hate to be that guy when he comes home tonight and shows his wife, brand new car goes into the repair shop.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Clear and cool this morning outside my window. 15 now headed for 25 and still a little breezy with winds up to about 25 mph. Got only about an inch of snow yesterday but as the temperature fell the rain froze to the sidewalk and it's just about impossible to get off. Broke out the ice melt and applied what I had. I'll need to get some more later on.

With the icy roads I decided I really didn't need to go to the grocery store yesterday so I did laundry and goofed off the rest of the day. This morning I'll be heading to the gym to work off the (definitely not) diet pumpkin pie I consumed last week.

Don - glad you're ok.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning everyone, take my truck in for an estimate tomorrow, not sure that they won't total it. I noticed that the unit-body is bent and that may make the repairs to exceed book value. That is a pity, I love that truck, a 2020 Honda Ridgeline, and it's only got around 21,000 miles on it. I have new car full value replacement which is a break. But like everyone says, it's good no one got hurt.

Not much else going on, temps didn't hit 70 yesterday. Rain now pushed to this weekend by one reporting service, possible rain today from another one. We'll see, if the streets are wet I will assume that it's raining, or one of the neighbors has a bad leak in their sprinkler system. Icon_e_surprised 

Everyone have a great day, stay warm and stay safe...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
34 degrees and Very Windy.
Nothing going on at our house. Someone unknowingly brought an uninvited guest with them on Thanksgiving.
I've been sick for several days, now as I recover my wife has gotten sick. Not the flu but whatever it is puts you down.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Greetings, gang.

Clear and 17 at the moment with a predicted very windy high in the low 40s. It's been warming up since midnight. Winds could hit near 40 mph.

Yesterday was pretty quiet. Gym trip was routine and otherwise I did nothing yesterday. I do need to get to the stores this morning. I'm out of licorice. Also need a few other items.

SJ - glad you're feeling better and I hope your wife recovers quickly.

Gas was down to $2.99 yesterday

All sty safe.

Tom

Good morning all, nice day yesterday, started out at 47 and topped at 73. Those folks that said there was a chance of rain got it right, when they say that, they can't be wrong, rain or not, and so far this week has been "NOT".

Bring my truck into the shop this morning, I haven't a clue what they'll do, but the little gecko from Geico said I'd have a rental car waiting for me. Still think there's too much damage to repair, we'll see.

Talk about unwanted guests SJ, whoever it is has been making the rounds. I know several people that are under, "whatever is going around", I've been kind of wishy-washy too the past few days as well, hard to tell where it comes from. I see Walmart disinfecting their carts, but not all the time, the Post Office's "Push to enter" buttons rarely works and the doors are filthy, and stores cannot wipe down everything someone touches or sneezes on. Go to church and how many there are coughing or wiping their runny noses.

Yucky subject to talk about before breakfast. So, off I go and try to make something. Slept in this morning, no one else in the breakfast gang was going to be at Brenda's today so I decided not to go either. Should be at least six of us tomorrow.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Wink 
Good morning
        Gas under 3 bucks is a start, 2 more dollars to go.  Icon_e_smile
        It's a wee bit chilly here today. I have a couple outside projects to postpone at least another day or two. I shall work in the train room and maybe see if I can get the new heater in the motor home to fire up and run for a while. It's a complicated process but I found a video and put it on my phone so I can follow along with proper instructions. 
        I have the PRR BP20 (passenger shark) retrucked and remotored so I am hoping to install the decoder and finish it up today. 
        Nothing else worth reporting, our gas was 3.15 down 50 cents from last week. 
Charlie
Good morning and Happy Friday. Nothing big on my agenda for today that I need to go out for. I picked up a rental and dropped off my truck yesterday. They say they can get the parts needed (the whole right side) so they will keep it unless Geico wants to total it. Otherwise they were going to trim off the hanging stuff and give it back until the parts come in. I asked how long to fix it and she said it could take up to a month. But Geico was good enough to upgrade me to an SUV that I can easily get in and out of. The last rental I had was low and thanks to gravity, was easy to get into, but it was a bear to get out of, also thanks to gravity. Icon_rolleyes

No changes here, gas a few cents cheaper in some places, most now close to or under $4.00, the highest is $4.69, lowest $3.45. Temps still around 70 still no rain even though it appears of some forecasts.

Just got a few house chores to do and I'm starting to work on a couple of Christmas presents, enough to keep me busy. Tomorrow my cleaning lady finally gets here. A cold and the holiday put here way behind schedule. Don't know what's going around but I know a number of folks that have it.

Enjoy the day and be careful with all these viruses and cold bugs spreading, stay safe...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 32 outside my window this morning. Supposed to get to around 50 later on with more clouds on tap. A little breezy today but tonight will be downright windy with winds over 40 mph.

Decent day yesterday although I did skip the gym. My scale this morning told me I need to stop that. I slept in until after 6:30 this morning, somewhat unusual for me. On the to do list for today is bill paying along with changing the oil on my car. After that I'll fire up my space heater and sit on the front porch and enjoy the warm weather.

All stay safe.

Tom

hi all. well things are getting back to normal around here been a hectic two weeks. two weeks ago yesterday the wife's niece's husband died we had been after him for two years to go to a doctor he finally did on the 17th after throwing up blood, was sent to er at local hospital they did several scans on him found a cancerous mass in liver and stomach and esophagus were full of it too lasted one day in icu.  we were bombarded with relatives and friends now they have left were back to normal routine. 
stay safe and warm Jim