The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, now that the holiday is behind us, I'm guessing the I-17 is still bumper-to-bumper heading into the Phoenix area. Typical after a holiday weekend. Temps are holding steady, but for some reason, they show tomorrow as around 89, then back to the high 90's. Still no rain in the forecast until about mid-June. How they can look that far ahead boggles my mind. They can't even get the next day's forecast right most times.

Nothing earthshaking going on, need to get gas today or tomorrow, it's on it's way down, a penny at a time, so this is when you wait until you're almost empty, and you don't fill up in hops it drops even more the next time...

Glad to see some familiar faces showing back up, still have a few folks among the missing here, let's hope they're busy with life things, maybe even vacations. Speaking of vacations, I heard from Pat, they're in London right now and are seeing all the obligatory sites. They fly to Scotland tomorrow and spend the rest of their time there.

Ya all take care, enjoy the day.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning
        My wife is in the hospital. She had severe vertigo yesterday and was nauseous. They are doing a blood workup. When she complains about being sick she is in a bad wy so I am worried. I know they will get to the bottom of this. 

Nothing else happening. We have a nice day here. No rain in sight. 

Charlie
I'm very saddened to hear of this, Charlie, so I hope that she'll get proper treatment and a quick recovery.

Best regards,

Wayne
(05-30-2023, 10:31 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Good morning
        My wife is in the hospital. She had severe vertigo yesterday and was nauseous. They are doing a blood workup. When she complains about being sick she is in a bad wy so I am worried. I know they will get to the bottom of this. 

Nothing else happening. We have a nice day here. No rain in sight. 

Charlie

Sorry to hear that she's back in the hospital Charlie. We wish you both the best and especially prayers that she's feeling better and back out quickly.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Prayers for you both Charlie!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Just passing through.....
Summer is sneaking up on the Northeast Coast Smile It's steadily getting warmer day-to-day.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Charlie, hoping everything is alright with your wife and she recovers quickly.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 62 outside my window this morning. Supposed to get to the upper 80s. The National Weather Service is reporting about 1.6 inches of rain yesterday. The official total for the world (or at least my small part of it) was 3.25 inches in my rain gauge. The storms kept reforming right over my house for about an hour and a half with lots of thunder, lightning, and wind. Only a slight chance for rain today.

Yesterday turned out to be (pardon the pun) a washout. I put insect control spray on the yard, not realizing it would rain within about an hour. I'll need to re-apply. Then about 10 last night I got a call. My grandson's leave has been approved for the 9-1th of June. I'll be heading to South Dakota for the wedding. Probably be gone about 5 days. Nothing major on my agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning folks, not a lot to talk about right now. Temps a bit cooler for today, about ten degrees down from yesterday's 100. Still low humidity, 7% yesterday with dew point at 25°, meaning not a chance on God's green earth will we see a drop of rain. It used to be that our monsoon season started when the dew point hit 55° three days in a row, but that was too complex for those weather folks, so they arbitrarily picked June 15 as the start now.

Got a last-minute early morning appointment for a half-hour massage and a chiropractic adjustment. Maybe I'll be able to stand up straight for a while.

Gotta go, want to hit Denny's for breakfast before my appointment, so everyone, enjoy the day, it is not only National Senior Health & Fitness day, but also National Smile Day.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
Sun, going to 88 by late afternoon. For us that's hot. 
Turned on the A/C yesterday for the first time this year.
A haircut is on my to-do list, just not sure what day.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning
        My wife is on the way home. Her brother stopped to visit and they said she could come home so she let me know to stay here and that Danny was bringing her home. The problem was with the little bones in her inner ear. She has had this before but not so severe They did some therapy and got them repositioned.  The surgery she had was done with her head and body tilted toward the floor which makes it less invasive for some reason....I am not one to question, but it allowed this to come on. She was nauseous at the hospital right after surgery and she thought she had a reaction to one of the drugs. Anyhow, as bad as it was it is something they corrected. 

Thanks for all the well wishes.  More reporting later.
Charlie
We have contracted to buy a new car. SWMBO's 95-year-old cousin in MI has talked her into going there this summer and we need a slightly larger vehicle to take the cat (and our stuff). Lots of fun as Ford no longer makes anything quite small enough for us and the next shop said we could get one in about 12 months. Hyundai had a car right on the lot and the price was less than we were prepared to pay.
But I don't think it has a cd player.
Pickup on Saturday.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
(05-31-2023, 06:51 PM)BR60103 Wrote: We have contracted to buy a new car. SWMBO's 95-year-old cousin in MI has talked her into going there this summer and we need a slightly larger vehicle to take the cat (and our stuff).  Lots of fun as Ford no longer makes anything quite small enough for us and the next shop said we could get one in about 12 months.  Hyundai had a car right on the lot and the price was less than we were prepared to pay.
But I don't think it has a cd player.
Pickup on Saturday.

David, CD players are old tech now. It probably connects with blue tooth so you can get a bluetooth MPE player. I think Windows media player will rip all of the songs on a cd and convert them to MP3 format. It may even have a media jack so you could connect with a cord. My car will play the MP3 songs stored on my phone. Our dealer set mine up for my phone to connect. 
Charlie
Greetings, gang.

It's a muggy 64 degrees with 88% humidity in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Supposed to get to the mid 80s with only slight chances for rain.

Fairly routine day yesterday. I did sign up for the additional tax break for seniors that was just passed by the Iowa legislature. Supposed to give me a small break on my house taxes. I'm guessing around $40/year. Should be just enough for lunch at McDonalds.

Also went to visitation for a long time neighbor. Surprisingly few people there. Today I need to hit a few stores for some groceries. Also need to stop at Menards for insect control spray.

Gas dropped again. Down to $3.27 yesterday afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom