The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

One more nice day before the weather turns cooler again. 77 and a little breezy today. 60s tomorrow and 50s for the rest of the week.

I skipped the gym yesterday. In my defense it was just too nice outside. I did clean up the yard again. Right now it's pretty easy. In another couple of weeks the leaves will really start to come down. Also went for a nice bike ride. This morning I'm headed to Walmart for a few things and then another bike ride this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning, Good morning..... I remember that song from, "Singing in the Rain". Showing my age again I guess. Waiting Mornings aren't the same anymore, you get up and take inventory to make sure everything is still there and kinda works. You don't need to look, just move a bit to see how bad that part still hurts. Icon_rolleyes

Not much going on today, need to hit Walmart after breakfast. Going to Denny's this morning, go by Walmart on the way home.

I don't see any temps higher than 89 for the next few weeks, I looked even further, but I just can't see how they can say that on Dec 9, it will be 66 with a 23% chance of rain. But then again, that's why they get the big bucks, and still get them when they are 100% off target.

Gotta go, may even get in some trackwork today, been threatening to do that for weeks, just always find something else to do.

Take care and have a great day...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning.  
        I had an early doctor appointment and had frost on my windshield, first of the year. 
        I had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment with my Orthopedic surgeon (he did my knees). I wanted to have him check for carpal tunnel. I got in this AM right on time, he looked me over and asked when I wanted it done. I told him whenever he could get me in.  9:20 AM tomorrow is the scheduled time.  They must need the work.  
        I just finished the interior rebuild and leak proofing of a 1981 Coachmen motorhome i bought in July and my son is now doing any mechanical work that needs done. It was quite a project so that has taken some time away from here and the trains. 
        Praying everyone stays well, it has been a tough year for a lot of folks. 

Cheers
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Charlie:
Looks nice for an '81.
Keep your eye on that window above the cab. That's one of the weak design points. We had to chuck the mattress from up there because it got wet and started to turn green.
I found the sliding screens slid at odd times and left gaps. I put some G scale rail joiners (the type that screw tighter) over the track and it now stays in position.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 55 headed for less cloudy and 65 with a slight chance for rain. Could be breezy with winds over 25 mph.

Routine day yesterday and today looks to be the same. Still undecided on whether to go to the gym. Closing in on 1400 miles on the bicycle so far this season.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, been really pleasant out, that's why those snowbirds are flocking in, 70's and 80's, who wouldn't?

Not much going on, I've been staying kind of close to home, think I caught "the bug", I usually do every year, just a bit early for that.

Not what my next move will be on my layout.... oh yeah, trackwork....

See some stations at $3.39 for regular, Costco and Sam's club are at $3.24, a few weeks ago they were at $2.79. Went to Walmart yesterday, everything is higher, a few pennies here, ten cents there. Big stuff, there's no telling how much they've gone up. Still can't understand this supply chain problem, five million folks out of work, ten million jobs available, many employers are willing to train, just show up, some MVD's will fast-track commercial driver licenses, big bonuses for signing up, still no takers....

Oh well, take care and try to have a great day.

Oh Charlie, looks good, looks just right and comfy for those long trips.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(10-19-2021, 07:46 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Charlie:
Looks nice for an '81.
Keep your eye on that window above the cab. That's one of the weak design points.  We had to chuck the mattress from up there because it got wet and started to turn green.
I found the sliding screens slid at odd times and left gaps. I put some G scale rail joiners (the type that screw tighter) over the track and it now stays in position.

Good advise. I removed the frame and reset the class in a new caulk material.  Iwill describe better when i have2 hands but removed and resealed all windows and seams
I will be brief. Hello all. Using left hand only. Surgery went well. 
Stay safe all
Charlie
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 46 outside my window this morning. Only supposed to get to the low 50s this afternoon but "they" claim it will clear off.

My current goal of 1400 miles is drawing ever closer. Only about 7 miles to go. I won't reach that goal until next week. Things to do today and tomorrow morning I'll be leaving for Nebraska for the weekend. Laundry and a haircut this morning. Then a "Brown Bag Briefing" at noon at the library. Today's speaker is the director of the local Parks and Recreation department. Then finish laundry and pack. Thursday group at 4:30.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning good people, the TV weather guy was showing this great big "H" over our area. I went outside and couldn't see it, but I guess it was obscured by the clouds. Icon_rolleyes They're also saying that we could hit 90 today and tomorrow. Still not bad after a summer of record heat.

Tom, you are one busy fella, the only way I could get 1400 miles on a bike would be to put it in the back of my truck. Good for you for being as active as you are.

Got a few appointments today and tomorrow, next week is kind of busy too, even have plans to go target shooting one day. Might get some trackwork done today, I keep putting it off and no one has come by to do it for me, so I put all this work into adding the extension to my layout, I guess I got to bite the bullet and get the track down.

Uh, are they now showing Christmas ads on TV where you are? They are here, just about a month earlier than usual....

Take care, stay safe and have a great day. Icon_e_biggrin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
We woke up to rain and thunder this morning. We don't need more rain. It has passed now but more could come today. 
Some of our club members are at York so I'm waiting to see what goodies they buy.
I always liked going, age is a factor now, I'm slowing down while the "kids" keep going. Never bought much but have met and enjoyed the company of forum friends.
I knew Da Chief from a forum and met him at York. Lot's of good people there to meet.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Greetings, gang.

It's a partly cloudy 30 degrees outside my window this morning. Supposed to get to the mid 50s later on.

Routine day yesterday. This morning I'm heading to Beatrice, Nebraska for a train show. I'll be there til Monday. If you're bored and in the area stop in. Always a fun time.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good Friday morning all, just got to 88 yesterday, probably the same to today. Haven't heard the A/C kick on for a few days now. There have been years were there were only a few days between turning off the A/C and turning on the furnace, should be a bit better this year. Been wearing a jacket in the mornings, temps then are in the mid to high 50's, but they don't stay there that long.

Busy yesterday taking care of my IRA distributions. A few years ago I forgot and faced a penalty of 50% of what I should have taken out. The IRS accepted my explanation and didn't fine me. No breakfast this morning, got a fasting blood test at 9:20, not even a cup of coffee.

Have a good day and stay safe. We only had three road rage shootings yesterday, getting all too common, so be careful out there.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good evening folks

I have not made here much this week. My computer time has been limited most days to late at night. In addition I have been a little under the weather. Not sure if is allergies or the touch of a cold. After getting my wife and son off to the work I have been falling back asleep until around noontime. Then it is chores and errands until dinner.

I have been going through some rolling stock and accessing them for needed items. I recently ran a 30 car train and about a third of the cars need something ranging from replacing plastic wheels and couplers to an outright repair. My plans for the weekend are to address those issues. I will post the 30 car train sometime over the weekend.

I hope everybody has a good evening.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
We had a cable outage this afternoon. The TV and Internet were gone. Cable provider said there was no general outage, so they booked a call for 4:00 tomorrow afternoon.
We were watching recorded programs (Antiques Roadshow) when SWMBO noticed the music was playing. System was back up and we saw Jeopardy!
Called cable to cancel call. Don't know why it came back.
Temps approached freezing last night. I think I'm safe with the outdoor faucet as it's in the garage. The other one has not worked while we've been here and the pipe is drained permanently. (it leaks and repair would mean getting into the ceiling above the railways.) I suspect that it was not drained during the winter the house was for sale.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.