The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, Saturday, forced myself to sleep an extra hour. Been tired lately, even took a nap yesterday.  Icon_rolleyes  But, I saw my cardiologist yesterday and his very words were that I am in better shape than I was ten years ago.

What I don't like is when the cable company says that they don't have a problem, yet you see one of their trucks down the street with someone sorting out wires in the main cable box. Waiting I haven't lost my satellite TV except for a few times during a storm. My Internet and phone come by cable and that goes out occasionally. The other day I told Alexa I was getting up, normally the bedroom and bath lights come on, this time she said she didn't understand and that my WiFi was out. She said it was a router problem and I should go unplug my router and reboot it. When they talk about "smart electronics", they are right. Yeah, I unplugged my router and modem, and she was right.... Now, I know I could get her to make the coffee, but if she would only make breakfast and clean up after...  Nope

Temps in the mid-80's for a few days, then bouncing around, high 70's to the mid-80's with no rain in sight. 

Gas running around $3.45 to $3.49 and probably still going to go higher. I understand that there are spots in California that are over $5.00 and even $6.00 in one area.

Ya all have a great weekend. No special plans for me, maybe some trackwork, maybe just some football and rest.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning folks

It is a weird 65 heading up to 75. It feels like it wants to be cool, but it is humid at the same time. We are expecting storms later this evening through tomorrow.

Did not get the outside things done I planned to do. Saturday, we took a drive to Valley Forge National Park for a couple of hours. Weather wasn’t the best, but it was good to just get out and be outside. Sunday we went to Delaware and got gas for my wife’s car.

I did get 5 sets of metal wheels painted and installed three sets. Found out that two of the used Walthers boxcars I picked up last year have trucks that are not for them, aka they don’t fit correctly. One car has one correct truck and one incorrect truck. They run fine but I will need to find replacements at some time. I changed out the couplers on a Bowser caboose.

I want to finish the tuning up and repair of these cars before I start laying roadbed.

For today I need to run to the pharmacy and grocery stores. Tomorrow I will head down Delaware to get gas for my car.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Good Monday Morning to ya all, had a very restful weekend, watched some football, did some trackwork and not too much more than that. There were a few games I would have like to have watched on NBC, but they are having a fight with Dish Network and are blanked out. Got to their website and they tell you how Dish isn't willing to negotiate fairly, go to Dish and they'll tell you how this company is trying to take financial advantage of their viewers. Regardless of the outcome, we will wind up with bigger satellite bills. I could never understand the negotiation process, hold back some 50 or more stations from Dish and not get paid for a few weeks and settle for an amount that will take a few years you make back what they lost. Repeat this process with other satellite and cable companies. Just take what they offer and move on....

Temps for the next few weeks are in the normal range, high 70's to high 80's. Going target shooting on Friday, the highest forecast for the week. Still going to be a nice day, "plenty of sunshine" they say... I talked to someone from Utah the other day, he says they had snow already and he wants out....

Right now, doing some major repairs on my scratchbuilt Denny's, the roof came apart in layers, signs are damaged and lots of touchup needed. Should keep me occupied for a while.

Take care, have a great day.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 53 headed for a ow of about 34 by morning. Got over an inch and a half while I was gone.

Back from Nebraska with treasures for the train room and a shelf queen. Had a really good time at the train show and a nice visit with my high school friend and his wife. While a the train show (actually 5 minutes after I walked in the door on Saturday morning) I spotted a Trix Big Boy. I have wanted a Big Boy since I first knew what they were at the age of about 15. 60 years later it's mine. I'll be building a plexiglass case for it. I'll get a picture up later this week.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning everyone, a bit cooler today with a 1% chance of rain, then back into the 80's for a while with a 0% chance of rain, still, just about normal for this time of the year.

Got some roadbed down and a place made for Denny's. Working on the moving damage done to Denny's and it's worse than I first thought. The roof is fairly complex and is falling apart as is some of the stonework trim. It got crushed pretty badly, but it's much harder to work on with all the wiring in place, but I'll get it done. 

I got an email saying that the city is having its annual Veterans Day Parade and is looking for participants. I took notice of the parade route, it's by the city park and no more than a quarter-mile long. I remember when I was a kid, I marched in parades that were at least a couple of miles, as are most parades. Maybe they don't think too many people will show up to watch it, maybe they think it'll be too hot to march very long, who knows.

Only one appointment today, then nothing until we go target shooting on Friday.

You all have a fun and safe day today.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Clear and 36 degrees this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. The high for today is supposed to be in the low 50s with strong (30 mph) winds. Clouds are scheduled for late afternoon and up to a 100% chance of rain off and on through Thursday.

Today will be a leaf raking day. Aided by the south wind I should be able to get this batch done fairly easily. Also need to make a Walmart run and do a couple loads of laundry.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning folks

It is 57 and going up to 62. We have a fun weather day with the season’s first Nor’easter. Rain and wind are expected for most of the day with a Flash Flood Watch.

Did not get much done yesterday around the house or modeling. Had to run errands and for some reason they took longer than I had expected. I will try again today.

I do have to run to the pharmacy. With the weather I am going to put off getting gas until tomorrow.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Hello Blue
Sun and 50s all week.
It rained all day Monday, wet and cold.
Not much going on, toy trains have not been on my mind all that much lately.
Guess I've just got old enough to enjoy my recliner.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
hi all . missed my usual Monday post had to go to VA in Tucson  didn't get through till late got home at 12:30  left home at 8  in the morning  long day .
jim
Good morning all, got a nice day in store, high 70's, about ten degrees below normal, and no rain (except the MS app, they always have 1 or 2% chance). My truck got washed a week ago and no mucky rain to mess it up. That will change on Friday when we go out into the desert to target shoot. Well, it is the desert but there's Flatiron Mountain right off the highway that's an ideal backdrop.

Jim, that's quite a trek for you to Tucson and back, you're right, long day. You'd think there would be a VA in Yuma.

Went to the Dollar Tree store for some stuff for my layout. Got some tubes of calking and a few sheets of foam board. The last time I was there I got a "type C" charger cable for a buck, Walmart wanted $15. Everything is still a dollar there for now, they say that the Dollar Stores are giving up holding everything at a dollar, the, "99 Cent Only" store has been cheating for a few years now with their, "99.9 cents (rounded up at the register)". Why not just change their signs to, "99 Cents and Up" and be honest about it. We understand. Anyway, it's not hard to not pick up other stuff while you're there, still a buck each at Dollar Tree....

Still working on my scratchbuilt Denny's, lots more damage then I first thought. I think it's ready for paint today.

Take care, stay safe and have a great day.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

48, cloudy, windy, and just starting to sprinkle. Could get as much as 2 inches of rain by tomorrow evening.

I did get the laundry done but skipped Walmart. Maybe tomorrow. Also got the leaves cleaned up and the yard mowed but with the high winds (30 mph) the leaves are coming down almost as fast as I can clean them up. A trip to the gym is the only item on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning folks

It is 56 with a predicted high of 64.

Yesterday did a bunch of chores around the house and then ran a few errands.

I finished tuning up the cars from the 30 car run. I also repaired the coupler pocket on a Walthers USRA gondola. Before I started I did realize the car still had plastic wheels. I painted another metal set and installed them. I gave up on the two Red Caboose tank cars. Both somehow had a broken Kadee coupler. In order to change the coupler you have to remove the trucks and disassemble the frame of the car. Also every time the cars are out something else falls off of them or breaks. This time another grab iron fell off and I noticed a broken ladder. These cars are just more trouble than they are worth.

I am going to head down Delaware to get gas in a bit. Later tonight I have to take my wife to get her haircut.

Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
Good morning everyone, really pleasant yesterday, high 70's, today, high 80's, big swing. Cleaning day today, no, not me, got the cleaning lady coming. The house isn't bad, but she makes it so much better than I could. Going to try to clean the garage while she's doing the rest of the house. Would like to have everything match and not track sawdust into a spiffy clean floor. Nope

Went over to the east side yesterday, the cheapest gas was $3.39 (Costco), the most expensive on the way was $3.79 (Shell). Lots of stations well over $4.00 for premium. I remember years ago filling up our truck and the pump would stop at $100 and we'd have to start over to finish filling the tank. I drove by Paradise Valley Mall, huge mall that I watched them build probably back in the '80's, now it's being redeveloped. For some reason, they left J C Penny's and Costco standing, (I'm guessing that they couldn't buy them out of their contracts). Kind of reminds me of that woman that wouldn't sell at any price and they had to build around her property. The rest was leveled and cleared, just one pile of leftovers, down and waiting to grace the landfill. About the only mall left in the Phoenix area is Arrowhead, about 8 miles from my house and still going strong.

Time to get ready to go out to breakfast, need to be back in time when the cleaning lady shows up. Take care, have a great day and smile a lot.... Icon_e_biggrin Icon_e_biggrin Goldth Misngth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Rain and 46 degrees outside my window this morning. So far an inch and a quarter and according to radar it looks like rain for most of the morning.

Fairly quiet day yesterday, This morning I need to go to the grocery store. Then at noon is the last of the lectures at the library. Thursday group will be here in town today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Hello Blue
We woke up to a huge red sky. Red sky in the morning sailor take warning. And it seem to be true. MORE rain expected for today and tomorrow. 34 inches of rain so far this year as the leaves start to fall. Hi of 51.
We tried being a snow bird once but I got home sick in spite of the nice warm Fla. weather. Sadly the malls are becoming ghost towns and a lot of those corner plazas are facing the same buy on line fate. 
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)