The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all. Still reeling from Tom's news, as I said, we're here for you Tom, a tough thing to deal with this close to Christmas. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Went target shooting yesterday. Really nice weather, hardly any wind, lots of sun but just a bit chilly for a while. Normally we're out there for around two hours, yesterday was over three. We both had enough ammo and an assortment of hand guns (one rifle is down for repairs, the other I forgot to bring), but we did very well for not being out for a while. The one rifle that has a broken part, is so accurate that we feel like we're cheating when we shoot it. We shot mostly .22's, ammo for anything else is expensive and hard to get. Think about it, that's about  75 cents ever time you pull the trigger on a 9MM, and it adds up quickly. .22's run us from 10 to 15 cents each, still over twice as much as it was last year. Stopped at the truck stop on I-10, lots of trucks around but the restaurant wasn't busy at all. Seems like ever time we go there since this pandemic thing, they've had different staff. Just one waitress for a huge restaurant, but she wasn't overworked. Finally get a decent cook though, unlike the past few times, the food came out quickly and it was good.

I understand our government is going to send us yet another check. If we aren't suppose to go out in crowded places, what good will added spending money do? Yes, for some in need, that means help with rent and food, to the scammers, that means another windfall, but to most folks, they'd just rather the money go to the small shopkeeper or restaurant owner who is barely making it. Just my opinion.

Have a great day wherever you are, snow, rain or sunshine, make the best of what's given you....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 12-22-2020, 06:19 AM