The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

4 degrees outside my window this morning with a guessed at high near 20. Continued warming through the weekend with 40 predicted for midweek.

I got a card in the mail yesterday saying that my drivers license was due to expire and to go on line and set up an appointment. Tried that and they said I must have a cell phone number. I called another number and told them I didn't have one and I was probably one of the last 5 people on the planet to not have one. She laughed and said "not by a long shot." Anyway, she was able to set up an appointment for 4:30 yesterday afternoon and I now have a shiny new drivers license. I do have a cell phone but I don't need them knowing it. I use it very seldom anyway. I have a reminder set to charge it every Wed. I looked when I charged it and it was down to 50%. Like I said, I don't use it much at all! Called the vehicle registration and all I have to take is the title, registration, and death certificate. Once I get it changed to my name I can work on getting it to my granddaughter in Omaha.

Trip to the gym this morning and then off to the motor vehicle department to get title on my son's car changed to my name. Not sure what I plan to do this afternoon. Yesterday morning I went out to scoop the light snow off the sidewalks and hear a voice going "Good morning, Tom." The neighbor lady was out cleaning her sidewalk. We must be used to the cold because even though the temperature was only about 10 degrees we stood there and talked for about 20 minutes. I think she's as tired of being isolated as I am.

Gas price here jumped 20 cents yesterday. I'm sure it's due to the problems in Texas, or at least that's what they will claim.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 02-19-2021, 07:29 AM