The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, I now have a smart thermostat, not sure how they got all that smarts in one little unit, but I can now set temperatures from my cell phone anywhere and can even yell at Alexa to do the job. It can even sense when no one is home and set the temperature accordingly. Installation as per the package label, around 30 minutes, actual install and setup took the best part of two days. You can get error codes when it doesn't think something is right even though it is, and you have no choice but to go on the Internet to find out what they mean and what to do about it. You may also be told to wire it wrong and deep down somewhere you find that wire should go to a different terminal even though they told you to put it somewhere else. Getting an Amazon device (Alexa) to work with a Google device (Nest), wasn't as hard as I thought it could be. Still, you cannot use you desktop or laptop to set this up, given into the trend to someday making desktop computers obsolete.

Temps getting up into the 100's, still planning on going target shooting next week. Heading out about 5:30 to try to beat the heat. Gas prices going up everywhere, you can tell that it's a holiday weekend. You do not want to go north on I-17 starting around Thursday, or going south starting Monday morning. You don't want to use I-17 most times anyway, but this weekend you can count on averaging around 20 mph in bumper-to-bumper traffic starting around the Carefree Highway all the way up to Flagstaff.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 05-26-2021, 08:25 AM