The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a dreary 64 this morning. High will be 67 with an 80% chance of showers.

I did not make here yesterday. I had to take the wife’s car to the dealer to address a recall which meant I had to drop her off at work. The dealer was fast and took only about an hour. Afterwards I visited a local hobby shop. There I found a unicorn, the new Atlas code 100 #6 turnouts. I basically bought the guy out of them. On the way home I stopped at the pharmacy.

Once I was home, I spent the next hour or so on the phone with a health care system over a bill my wife received for a surgical procedure. The problem is she did have a procedure done on the day of service and we have no clue who the doctor is. After going through our records and comparing them to the billing records nothing matched. The billing office is turning the matter over to their investigators.

When I was done that, it was time to go pick the wife up. We got home rested and then it was out the door to get a haircut.

I did get downstairs and remove all the Peco turnouts. I am not thrilled with them as I stated in another post. I find them difficult to connect track into due to the configurations of the ties on the turnout. I have to remove ties on the connecting piece. I encountered shorting issues with them when I ran DCC. I still have not figured out why because the turnout would be fine and then it would short and then be fine again. I have had so many recent frustrations with the layout I need something simple not something I have to constantly nurse and tweak. I am now considering dropping the double track mainline to a single with a passing siding or two. This will give me more room for scenery and present some operational challenges.

Today I need to run to PetSmart and the pharmacy. The one I stopped at yesterday was out of the allergy spray I use.

Tonight, I hope to work on the layout.

Tom, have a fun and safe trip.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 06-11-2021, 06:25 AM