The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good Monday mornin' to ya all, the fist day of a whole year of workweeks. Today also marks my 21st year of retirement. Looking for that boost in retirement pay from the government, those guys that also boosted my monthly contribution to Medicare. I remember one year they took 100% of my increase towards the increase in Medicare. I wonder what kind of boost congress has given themselves, I'll bet it's more than 100 bucks a month....

Early temps are a bit chilly, high 30's, still staying in the 60's for another day or two. I've seen worse here, even snow in the Phoenix area. It does occasionally snow in the high desert, on the north edge of the valley. Doesn't last long, but it's a beautiful sight seeing cactus covered in the white stuff. No mad dashes to empty the bread and milk shelves though, I'm not even sure that there are any snow plows this far south in Arizona except for the mountains outside of Tucson where you can actually go skiing.

Time to get ready to go out to breakfast. We did find out a thing or two about Brenda's new owner, she bought a restaurant that was customer friendly, but told the cook that she "was not here to make friends". That explains her attitude and why there may only be two or three customers there in the morning when there used to be close to two dozen. We still go there because of the cook who still knows us by name and will sit an talk when she's not busy, which is often...

Take care and have a pleasant day today...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 01-03-2022, 06:20 AM