The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning. 
        If you have ever heard the saying that the price is too good to be true?  I found out on an Item I ordered Tuesday how true that saying is.  I needed a starter for my old back up mower and by googling the number I was shown a site by the google ads that pop up.  They had a starter for half what other shops had so I ordered it. The tip off came when I didn't get a confirmation within a day so I went back to the site and found the address was in VA (Not theirs) and the phone was in California (Also not theirs) and of course the email bounced. I am peeved at myself because I try to be so careful. I did use a virtual credit card so he did not get my CC number and I canceled that card too and the bank put a credit on my account even though I told them I just wanted this guy shut down, it wasn't any longer about the 23 bucks.  The name on the site is Nesurt.com so if it pops up in any of your searches be advised it is a scam site and a darned good looking web site to boot. I did report it to the FTC for all the more good it will do. 

I pulled the deck off the back up mower and put a coat of Corroseal Water-Based Rust Converter on it. I love this product, it makes rusty stuff look great and can be painted too. 
I bought this old Craftsman mower 8 years ago when my new Ariens mower from Home Depot had a transmission failure 3 months out of warranty. I paid 200 bucks and it came complete with a rear bagger which is nice when mowing the back yard where the dogs are confined. It has taken nothing but oil changes until now so I got my 200 bucks worth for sure. The starter magnets came loose from the case and I figure somehow water got between them and the case and froze breaking the glue and locking the starter. 

It's cloudy here todaqy with a chance of rain. We had rain last night but the heavy storms were to our north. 

Have a good day everyone and good luck with your eye Don. 

Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 06-02-2022, 07:21 AM