The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, another weekend is upon us. No rain three days in a row and now chances have dropped to below 10% for the next week or so and temp coming back up, pushing 110 by Wednesday. Oh joy!!!

No change in gas pricing, Costco still $3.69, others up to $3.99.

Home Depot and Lowe's are across the street from each other here in Surprise, but really not walking distance since Lowe's is at the far end of their shopping center. Both give vets discounts but you need the "app" at HD and it hardly ever works in the store. Clerks say, "poor store wi-fi", and just ring up the discount anyway... Lowe's used to give a discount on everything, but not anymore. Neither gives discounts on lumber. Just checked HD lumber pricing, a 2"x4"x8' stud is $4.75 and a 3/4" sheet of plywood is $61.15, red oak is almost $100 a sheet and there are limits so you're not going there to buy enough to build a house. Nope I imagine most construction sites now days have armed guards 24/7. I remember back in the 60's we were having a house built and the builder was wondering why he didn't have enough plywood. Turns out the guy across the street was adding a room to his house...

Enough for now, Tom, I hope your granddaughter is doing better, keep up posted please. Everyone, have a great day.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 08-26-2022, 06:17 AM