The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

46 headed for a balmy but breezy 74 today.  Another nice day tomorrow then the rain moves in through the weekend.

Raked leaves yesterday afternoon but they were coming down as fast as I could clean them up.  I have to try to keep up with the leaves (or at least not fall too far behind) as I have limited transportation capabilities.  Wish we could still burn the leaves.  Made for a wonderful family day- raking the leaves and hauling them to the driveway.  Making a big pile of leaves for the kids to jump into.  Miss those days.  I'll clean up more leaves probably tomorrow before the rain gets here.  This morning I'll haul the latest batch off to join their predecessors.  Then it's time for grocery shopping.

At one time we had two of them in our small town (25,000).  The cops justified the second one by saying they were making over $150,00 a year and like your town the out of town company was collecting the bulk of the money.  The second one has since disappeared.  They are so unpopular around here that one was actually blown up. Eek   When it was first placed on the street the police department said they would inform the community of its location through Facebook, the local paper, and the city's website.  I've had to write to them in each of the last three months to let them know they were not meeting their commitment to the community. 

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 11-01-2022, 06:06 AM