The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Juvember here in Maryland as well. A bunch of us play a golf event on Veteran's Day since we're all gov't employees and have the day off anyway. Sometimes the weather is nice, and then there are the other days. This week is all beautiful UNTIL Friday when moisture from the gulf is due to hit a cold front. I'm the organizer and have to make the decision to play or not. A roll of the dice.

Every Monday I roll into the office and decrement my counters of days until I'm retirement eligible and the counter when I hit 65 (that's my personal limit). 103 days on the retirement eligibility date (or what I refer to as the FU or KMA date). Pretty good feeling that I'm almost in double digits.

My wife is in Hawaii for two weeks, so it's me and the dog. She left me a pretty easy list, so I stand a decent chance of getting some model railroading accomplished. Joined a couple of small pieces of plywood together - they'll be supporting the portion of the Lehigh River near Mud Run. Tomorrow I should be able to cut out the edge profile and start the supporting structure of the riverbanks.

No more baseball to glue me to the boob tube. My Phillies had a great run, just ran out of luck and clutch hitting at the wrong time.

Figured out I had the wrong snowplow for my SD45 - actually need one without the MU pockets. Ordered one (another Details West item) from Midwest Model Railroad - they have a nice site and somewhat reasonable shipping charges. If anyone needs an HO PL-256 snowplow, I have one you can buy for a couple of bucks. There's always ebay for resale if I get around to it.

Also bought another camera on ebay last night. My Nikon point-and-shoot fell off my desk into a container of water. I wanted something better anyway - got a cheap Nikon L105. It's only a 12 Mp sensor but seems to have some nice features.

Night all. May all of your switches be aligned. I'm about an hour from Strasburg but have never been to the museum across the street - on the bucket list.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by TMo - 11-07-2022, 08:12 PM