The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Everyone must have had a great holiday. I have mixed feelings, I miss the posts but I am glad when folks do spend time away from their computers/phone.  
       I have been working on my trains. The train shed is a shamble with all the boxes sitting in the center aisle. I have been getting things out to work on and getting a few things ready to pass along to my sons. 
      I am working on the PRR BP20 project and I have the motor and trucks installed. I needed a longer drive shaft for the rear wheels so I tried adding a section about 3/4 inch long in the center using some hard plastic tubing. That was a bust due to the shortening when centrifugal force started at higher speeds. I tried a bunch of things but finally found a sprue from a kit that I cut to length, turned the ends down to fit (in my micro drill press) then I drilled holes through each end and inserted a short plastic pin in each end to fit the slots in the motor end and the truck end. I ran it full speed in both directions for 5 minutes and I think I have a winner.
       We have had 2 lovely days and I did do some raking of sticks in the back yard. The willows the neighbor planted along the fence line are a mess. He told me I could cut them down but now it is up to his daughter  because he died in September.  
        Good wishes for everyone
           Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 11-26-2022, 07:09 PM