The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good Morning everyone.
       I had to go to the Lowes store in Boardman (just south of Youngstown) to pick up a gallon of Elmer's glue all, (white glue I use on the layout) It is a 15 mile trip but they are the only local store to have it at a reasonable price. $14.98, (half the price of the hardware in town), and we wanted to stop at the grocery store in Boardman for some of their specials that helps make the trip worthwhile. We got bananas for 39 cents a pound but the 88 cent a pound tomatoes were sold out. A 10 pound bag of Idaho potatoes was 2.98 so I bought 2 and I did get a couple high priced tomatoes and salad mix as well as 5 pounds of chicken drumsticks on sale for 59 cents a pound.  I passed on the 5.95 a dozen eggs.  Icon_e_biggrin

Gas was 3.19 here and 3.49 in Boardman. 

We have clouds and it is to go to 40 today. 

I have continued to work in the train room. I finally figured that if I do what I want to do in there it makes it more fun so I have just decided to do what I feel like doing. Last night I noticed one of my T1's was missing the brass whistle. I looked in the box and it was there so I took a minute and some CA and installed it. I also repaired lights in a coach and cleaned 30 years of dirt from it. I also patched some pot holes on the Tafton streets and cemented the street lights in place. I will work in the train room again today but it is hard to tell what i will do. 

I hope everyone have a wonderful week ahead
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 01-08-2023, 09:36 AM