The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Two hard days and no railroading to speak of. Trying to change that this evening.

The past two hikes with the dog at Rocks State Park have focused my attention on moss. It's really amazing how this stuff grows, how deep it can get and how many different greens can be represented in a small area. It also has discernible depth - and that's my focus in the short term. I have an area near the north entrance to the Rockport tunnel where the rock walls near by would all be facing north, and I've been painting moss there, but am looking to build that believable depth. I have some ideas but need to play around with it a bit.

The hard part of the last two days has been gutting our master bedroom walk-in closet. My wife wanted me to paint and to replace the 23-year-old carpet. I was not a big fan of the idea, but I decided to make her happy. The big hurdle were the floor-to-ceiling built-ins that I constructed many years ago. Had to take them apart and remove them to the basement until the reno was done. Painted the ceiling, walls, trim. Pulled up the carpet and padding. Then today I put down new padding and carpet and put the built-ins back in. Replaced the light fixture. Aside from helping put clothes back in, I think I'm done for the long weekend, as I have Monday off as well.

Love the shots I've seen in both "Side Shot Saturday" and "Weekly Photo Fun". Really good stuff! I'll add some to the mix soon.
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by TMo - 01-14-2023, 06:57 PM