The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon.
         They are going to blow a hole in the one car that is misbehaving to attempt a controlled release of the remaining vinyl chloride. This will happen at 3:30 if it doesn't blow itself up. 
          Fox news may have said 500 folks won't evacuate the area but according to the local police and fire they don't know who stayed so how can they know 500 did. Actually people have left that that were in safe zones which actually added to the confusion. Now they have sealed off all the roads so even the people that could go to work out of the area can't get back to their homes even if they are in a safe area. The governor came to town and I thought that to be unwise but he just had a press conference and he was basically a coach and made the officials explain exactly what was going on. I am not a fan of his but in this case I was quite impressed because the previous press conferences were worthless. 
         The chemicals are going to be release and they want to attempt a controlled release rather than risk an explosion later when a chance of a temperature inversion will keep the deadly fumes low to the ground. The plan is to blow a 3 inch hole in the one that is not venting properly and then the material that runs into a prepared ditch will be ignited which will cause the deadly fumes that will hopefully raise high enough to be dissipated to the point they are no longer deadly before they can get to people.  There is a one mile radius that could be deadly and a 2 mile down stream air drift where these will be dangerous. They are making another pass to make sure the area is clear of people. My affected family has evacuated and we are doggie sitting my grand daughters 3 St. Bernards,,,,so we are a 5 dog house hold. We are 1.6 miles upwind so I am not concerned and even if the big one goes we should be clear. They are not certain how much material is left. I pray none of the first responders are injured. They are doing this from a safe distance. 
More news later. 
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 02-06-2023, 01:32 PM